Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
the original poster has 2 group 27 batteries. Somewhere this thread got morphed to be about 1600Ah AGM's...
". Show me how you're going to get 1600Ah from a $250 battery, including shipping anywhere in the continental US. And bear in mind, as I said, that $2500 is "double retail" price, the highest not the typical price to be paid."

You're not going to get 1600Ah out of 250.00. Why does the guy need 1600Ah? I don't see where he said he did. A couple of Group27 wet cells...
(WHICH IS WHAT HE HAS NOW)
are going to give him... 85-105 Amp hrs each?

group 31's push out 95-125, 4D's about 180-215, and 8D's, 225-255...

the very first battery in your listing is 627 Ah, and weighs 498 lbs. and is 1295.00

Come back, come back to this orbit. Real world I mean. There are thousands of sailors that have 2 4D's, or 2 8D's, maybe in more than a couple of banks for the big boys, but the VAST majority get along just fine with them.

a typical gel 8D is running around 250.00, plain old wet cell is about 175.00

unless you are a liveaboard that takes off for parts unknown, or serious offshore sailor with extended periods of autonomous survival necessary, one doesn't need that amount of overkill.

Turn off the flat screen, shut down the computer, put the x-box away for awhile and sail.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook