Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006

JakeLevi is on a distinguished road
Well, I cant access it right now 50% of the time I try to, I'll stay a bit longer to see, I've given up trying to log on before 630 am. That effectively locks out anyone east of the pond.

Good luck on the updates, I hope that it works, right now this is the best forum but, if you cant get on it doesnt make any difference how good it is.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2006

cassycc36 is on a distinguished road
Don't take away my SN crack man . . . The recent Sailnet spike in Sailnet inaccessibility has resulted in an 85% increase in my productivity . . . that's no fun!
Old 10-31-2006
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLevi
Well, I cant access it right now 50% of the time I try to, I'll stay a bit longer to see, I've given up trying to log on before 630 am. That effectively locks out anyone east of the pond.

Good luck on the updates, I hope that it works, right now this is the best forum but, if you cant get on it doesnt make any difference how good it is.
for those of us on the west side of the pond, it's no picnic either. i tried getting on from about 7:00 est until 11 last evening..i got my very usual "connection refused: response. now while i appreciate the fact updates are in the works, it would seem that some of these glitches would have been weeded out by now..then again...most of the internet web jargon flies right over my head. hell, i always thought a server was a nicer term for waiter/waitress.
this i do know, members won't stick around much longer if every attempt to log on is met with 'connection refused" or this document contains no data"
let's hope this "fix" is sooner than later as the next time i'm in mid post and have it vaporize, i'm outa here.

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Old 10-31-2006
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassycc36
Don't take away my SN crack man . . . The recent Sailnet spike in Sailnet inaccessibility has resulted in an 85% increase in my productivity . . . that's no fun!
cassy..you know they have support groups for such problems...productivity is highly overrated, in my sometimes humble opinion.
so..sailed in hampton roads harbor this past weekend didya..my old stomping grounds... while all my friends in HS were taking their dates to the movies, i took mine sailing to see all the ships lit up (if i recall, we usually got lit too)...aaahhh i miss my ill spent youth

Sam
Sanctuary, Sabre 30 mkIII
Old 10-31-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Unfortunately, the outages look to be more frequent and of longer duration in the last two weeks or so. I hope that they can resolve this sooner rather than later... but it remains to be seen.

Cassy-

I'd agree with Sam...productivity can be highly over-rated... if productivity was the primary goal of a boater...he'd have a power boat. Sometimes it is about the journey, not the destination.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-31-2006

tankstew is on a distinguished road
I'm using a mac and everytime I click on forums, nothing shows up but the header. no posts. I can go to my wife's pc and everything pulls up just fine. What's the deal????
Old 10-31-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Tank-

What browser and OS are you using. It works fine on my mac with Camino, Firefox or Opera.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 10-31-2006
Administrator

administrator has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankstew
I'm using a mac and everytime I click on forums, nothing shows up but the header. no posts. I can go to my wife's pc and everything pulls up just fine. What's the deal????
the problem with your Mac is an incompatibility with our forums and the Safari Browser. It's on our short list of things to do after we get the site problems taken care of.

- jeff
Old 11-01-2006

catalyst27 is on a distinguished road
it seems like when they close the store someone is cutting off the server as everyone else i get the message site not found but it is always on in the morning but now at night here on the east coast usa
Old 11-01-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Here's one I haven't seen before.
Site error: the file C:\html\sailnet\forums\vbseo.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_win_5.1.dll to be installed by the site administrator.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog