Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008

MarilynD is on a distinguished road
Email notification for entire list

I am one of the members of a much-loved email list who has been moved into the Forum by the closure of the lists. I would like to know how to set up email notification for the entire list, rather than just for individual threads. We were told that it was possible. I have spent much time looking but can't figure out how to do it.
Thanks for any help.
Marilyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-09-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Marilyn...the Admin can chime in if I'm wrong but if you have your mail options turned on in your edit control panel already then you just have to go to your particular sub-forum main page and just below the forum name you'll see a click on drop down list called forum tools where you can choose "subscribe" to get messages within that forum mailed to you. Hope this helps...if not ...write again & welcome!
Old 08-09-2008
Itz That Eazy!!!

L02314564 is on a distinguished road
Hi Marilyn,

I use Micorsoft Outlook and supscribe to the forums using RSS 2.0. This automatically downloads the messages threads and allows me to double-click on the message to respond in the message thread. To get tehe RSS feeds, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the RSS link. I have to copy the resulting address to my RSS reader for it to monotor the feed automatically. I think Windows Explorer allows subscribing to RSS feeds as well.

You can also subscribe to the individual threads to get notification when a particular thread has been responded to. This alows you to follow the thread through-out its' history.

I hope this helps...I know it works for my setup. Good luck.
1976 Catalina 27 #2684
Old 08-09-2008
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L02314564 View Post

You can also subscribe to the individual threads to get notification when a particular thread has been responded to. This alows you to follow the thread through-out its' history.

It does not work for me and never has.

The ISP says it is not them and there are no filters on my Outlook Express and no problems from other forums.

Some have tried to help but it does not work for me.
Old 08-10-2008

MarilynD is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help. I have now subscribed to the list and to the threads. The email notification that I receive gives me the next post in the thread but says that I have to go to the forum before I will receive another email notice of the next post. This is not satisfactory for me as my main computer, for some reason (not a pentium), cannot deal with the log-in redirection. It freezes up. I am now using my laptop which works fine but it is not the computer which I use every day.
RSS feeds:
I also subscribed to this but do not know how to receive them. I have never used a RSS feed before so my computer is not set up to receive them.
One of the posts here mentions RSS, but the information is not detailed enough for me to know what to do to receive RSS.
Can anyone outline clearly what I have to do?
Am I likely to have a problem if my computer is not a pentium?
Thanks for any help
Marilyn
Old 08-10-2008
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road
It started workin for me last night.

Ya Hooo!!!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.