Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011
Beneteau 411

prroots is on a distinguished road
I keep getting logged off sailnet. How do I increase the time-out or make it infinite? Thanks
Pete
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2011

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
I recently found a wonderful website [see the hyperlink] that lists popular anchorages along the Florida Gulf Coast, showing an aerial view of the anchorage and the approach to it, as well as other info. I cruise the Chesapeake Bay, and a similar website for the Bay would be a huge aid for planning a cruise. It would be labor intensive to create it, but afterward, it would require very little maintenance. Is there any chance Sailnet would create a similar site, or that some other sponsor could be induced to do so?

http://www.flseagrant.org/anchorage/...e-Anch-Map.gif
Old 04-19-2011
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormon6 View Post
I recently found a wonderful website [see the hyperlink] that lists popular anchorages along the Florida Gulf Coast, showing an aerial view of the anchorage and the approach to it, as well as other info. I cruise the Chesapeake Bay, and a similar website for the Bay would be a huge aid for planning a cruise. It would be labor intensive to create it, but afterward, it would require very little maintenance. Is there any chance Sailnet would create a similar site, or that some other sponsor could be induced to do so?

http://www.flseagrant.org/anchorage/...e-Anch-Map.gif
What about a thread in destinations with the popular anchorages? Anyone could participate in that.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-19-2011

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
What about a thread in destinations with the popular anchorages? Anyone could participate in that.
The problem with a thread is that there's no organization to it. When the anchorages are charted, you can look in the area that you intend to cruise, and identify the anchorages that will be on your intended route. Also, we tend to return to the same anchorages in certain areas. With charted anchorages, you can select from a variety of anchorages in the same area.
Old 04-19-2011
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I can set up new forums and areas, but I cannot program anything beyond that. I would have to run that up to Jeff J and see if he wanted to/could. Unless any of the other mods have an idea or other members have a suggestion how it could be done in the confines of our system?

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-23-2011
Charter Captain

Location: Buffalo, NY (warm months), Liveaboard in Caribbean (cold months)
harryrezz is on a distinguished road
CSY thread?

How about setting up a place for CSYs in "Boatbuilder's Row"? Lot of them out here with very enthusiastic owners!

Located Southern Caribbean
Old 07-30-2011
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
Page loading issue

For about the last two weeks I have noticed that when I am in the forums a page will appear to load, the screen will flash, loading will start again, a partial load will be achieved, screen flash again and then it loads.

This does not happen everytime I load a new page.

I think this started around the same time I got my country flag appearing the first time I post.

Running Vanilla Vista IE 9.0.1 on a Toshiba laptop
Old 08-01-2011
Banned

hroiwer is on a distinguished road
"Rosetta Stone Spanish
Rosetta Stone Hindi"
Old 08-09-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Yo Jeff!

On the iPhone app - can you make it automatically go to the last post when you click on the topic on the "Home" page? Right now it goes to page 1 (unless I'm missing something) - and in a thread like my old fave FightClub that has 800 pages, that's a lot of swishing (which is a very cool feature BTW).

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-15-2011

tomandchris is on a distinguished road
Lake Ontario

It might come as a surprise, but there are 5 Great Lakes. I see requests from some of the Ontario sailors for their own destination. As we probably have more Ontario members then Huron, Superior,or Erie how about adding a destinatiuon for them?

This from a Lake Michigan sailor.l