Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
I think we need new a moderator
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2009

nuffoftexas is on a distinguished road
Too many forums??? I don't mean to sound like crank, but it can be difficult navigating all the forums. Forums - sub-forums - and more sub-forums under those sub-forums. Just like this forum??? Why can't I start a new thread with this question? Why does it say to put your suggestions here? Do you mean this thread? Or this forum? Why is "Chesapeake" 3-tiers down? Which forum do I post to ask questions about boats? I thought I was in one, but really in another. Then I couldn't delete the post to put it in the "correct" forum. Then it seems I was STILL in the wrong forum. Sub-forums! and MORE sub-forums!#&^%!!#@@!!! Why does the "top" Sailnet forum list show one set of forums and another set of forums (sub-forums) on another "top" page? Why is there a Provisioning sub-forum when there's been only 116 threads in its' entire existence? Many other forums have zero threads - but oh, wait, there's another sub-forum there where all the posts are. Why is there a sub-forum under Cruising&Liveaboard with "Articles"? Shouldn't that be under "Articles"? Why all the boat manufacturers forums listed under a "top" forum page?

Get the point? I know I'm kind of new here, but I'm also VERY computer literate. This site is absolutely the most difficult to navigate I have ever seen.

Thanks for being here though. Peace-Out... Roger in Texas
Old 10-07-2009

badsanta is on a distinguished road
Your right. I just click on "new posts" then no "politics/no off topic" to see whats new, unless I want to search for something. But that does not turn up everything either.
Old 10-07-2009

PCP777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Too many forums??? I don't mean to sound like crank, but it can be difficult navigating all the forums. Forums - sub-forums - and more sub-forums under those sub-forums. Just like this forum??? Why can't I start a new thread with this question? Why does it say to put your suggestions here? Do you mean this thread? Or this forum? Why is "Chesapeake" 3-tiers down? Which forum do I post to ask questions about boats? I thought I was in one, but really in another. Then I couldn't delete the post to put it in the "correct" forum. Then it seems I was STILL in the wrong forum. Sub-forums! and MORE sub-forums!#&^%!!#@@!!! Why does the "top" Sailnet forum list show one set of forums and another set of forums (sub-forums) on another "top" page? Why is there a Provisioning sub-forum when there's been only 116 threads in its' entire existence? Many other forums have zero threads - but oh, wait, there's another sub-forum there where all the posts are. Why is there a sub-forum under Cruising&Liveaboard with "Articles"? Shouldn't that be under "Articles"? Why all the boat manufacturers forums listed under a "top" forum page?

Get the point? I know I'm kind of new here, but I'm also VERY computer literate. This site is absolutely the most difficult to navigate I have ever seen.

Thanks for being here though. Peace-Out... Roger in Texas

Where in Texas are you, we have some great sailing here in Dallas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsanta View Post
Your right. I just click on "new posts" then no "politics/no off topic" to see whats new, unless I want to search for something. But that does not turn up everything either.

I use quick links /today's posts
1979 TR/FK #1390
~Stephanos~
Bayview Marina,
Lake Ray Hubbard
Dallas, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
Where in Texas are you, we have some great sailing here in Dallas....
Cowboy (redneck) Capital of the World - aka Bandera. It's been fun for a couple of years for all the very reasons we moved here - Texas Hill Country, Texas music, dance halls, honky-tonks, etc... we just can't take the people anymore. One word says it all, in aspect of every single person you deal with here, no matter what profession, friend or pro, private or government - UNPROFESSIONAL!!! ...in the most extreme sense of the word.

It was about six months ago I realized, after living all over The West for the last 25 years searching for my "Chautauqua", all that was missing was a boat. So, we're heading to Virginia and the Chesapeake the day the house sells.

Last edited by nuffoftexas; 10-07-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: can't spell shatawgwah
Old 10-07-2009
stpetersburgsailor

a compliment: outstanding feature that one can unsubscribe to a particular thread--
fantastic, as many forums do not offer this type of technical detail

-JD
Old 10-08-2009
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Feature Request:

A long, long, time ago, (in a network server far, far, away,) Sailnet would show the 15 most recent active threads on the landing page. For some reason, this changed to only showing the last 5 threads with active posts. I am not as conscientious as some sailnetters, and do not check every forum... as a result, I miss many posts to which I could contribute, and I have been far less active here as I once was (maybe this is by design?).

I have no problem with the featured products banner along the top, or left side of the landing page, and I love the random thumbnails along the bottom. With the current stuff on the left (User CP / Private Message indicator / Shop the Store / Articles / Hot Topics / Advertisement (currently INGdirect) the page would look BETTER with 4 or 5 additional Latest Sailnet Forum Posts (boost it to 9 and see what I mean).

Anyway, I liked seeing the last 15 posts, and wish that this would be brought back.

- Ed
Old 10-09-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post
Feature Request:

A long, long, time ago, (in a network server far, far, away,) Sailnet would show the 15 most recent active threads on the landing page. For some reason, this changed to only showing the last 5 threads with active posts. I am not as conscientious as some sailnetters, and do not check every forum... as a result, I miss many posts to which I could contribute, and I have been far less active here as I once was (maybe this is by design?).

I have no problem with the featured products banner along the top, or left side of the landing page, and I love the random thumbnails along the bottom. With the current stuff on the left (User CP / Private Message indicator / Shop the Store / Articles / Hot Topics / Advertisement (currently INGdirect) the page would look BETTER with 4 or 5 additional Latest Sailnet Forum Posts (boost it to 9 and see what I mean).

Anyway, I liked seeing the last 15 posts, and wish that this would be brought back.

- Ed
Hi Ed,

After signing in, you can see all the new posts since your last visit by selecting the drop down menu "New Posts". Or you can go to "Quick Links" and select only "Today's Posts".

Give it a try and let us know if this answers your issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 10-09-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
You know, I've got this tattoo of Hillary Clinton on my thigh that I'd love to get rid of. Any ideas?

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
You know, I've got this tattoo of Hillary Clinton on my thigh that I'd love to get rid of. Any ideas?
I think I got you brother. However, with all the tolerance around here, deleting threads is not something that happens very often. Unfortunately, deleting tatoos doesn't happen very often either.