SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Google Chrome and Avatars (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/70185-google-chrome-avatars.html)

josrulz 11-26-2010 09:53 AM

Google Chrome and Avatars

I saw this question asked before (sort of), but there wasn't really an answer. I use Chrome, and it worked beautifully on Sailnet, except for one thing. Some avatars (including mine) do not show up. They're broken links.

I'd give up on it if it were all avatars, but it's not. It's just some. Does anyone know the "key" here? Why are some avatars showing up in Chrome while others are not?

If there's some format I should be using or something that will make it work, I'll do it.
Thanks!
-J

Vasco 11-26-2010 09:58 AM

I use chrome and have noticed many avatars don't show. Didn't know it had to do with Chrome. My avatar shows up. ????

Faster 11-26-2010 10:54 AM

It definitely is Chrome.. not sure why.. same thing happens to me.. tried Mozilla and everything shows up as it should. Chrome also shows differently when you click on a username - goes straight to profile rather than give a list of options inc sending a PM.

I've been through all my setting re pics and it all looks OK.. no idea what the true issue is, but it only happens on Chrome. Nevertheless Chrome is, for me, the quickest, cleanest to use, esp when posting or composing PMs.

*&^$# computers!;)

josrulz 11-26-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasco (Post 670770)
I use chrome and have noticed many avatars don't show. Didn't know it had to do with Chrome. My avatar shows up. ????

Vasco, I can see your avatar in Chrome, but I can't see my own. My avatar shows up fine in Firefox and IE. So case and point--why does your avatar show up, but mine doesn't? Not expecting you to know the answer, just saying that's my question.

josrulz 11-26-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 670797)
It definitely is Chrome.. not sure why.. same thing happens to me.. tried Mozilla and everything shows up as it should. Chrome also shows differently when you click on a username - goes straight to profile rather than give a list of options inc sending a PM.

I've been through all my setting re pics and it all looks OK.. no idea what the true issue is, but it only happens on Chrome. Nevertheless Chrome is, for me, the quickest, cleanest to use, esp when posting or composing PMs.

*&^$# computers!;)

Faster, I've also found that Chrome seems to be a lot faster than the others, so I'll put up with the avatar thing.

Still want to know why it works sometimes and not others though. :D

Vasco 11-26-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josrulz (Post 670823)
Vasco, I can see your avatar in Chrome, but I can't see my own. My avatar shows up fine in Firefox and IE. So case and point--why does your avatar show up, but mine doesn't? Not expecting you to know the answer, just saying that's my question.

Mine's prettier? :)

josrulz 11-26-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasco (Post 670840)
Mine's prettier? :)

Ha ha! :laugher

Entirely possible!

jackdale 11-26-2010 04:00 PM

The avatar images that appear to broken in Chrome are visible if you cut and paste the image url into a new Chrome tab. Is that something to work with?