SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   How do I get off of this shop.sailnet.com mailing list? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/70820-how-do-i-get-off-shop-sailnet-com-mailing-list.html)

HVVega 12-22-2010 07:14 PM

How do I get off of this shop.sailnet.com mailing list?

I am getting pretty tired of getting the same empty email every day from shop.sailnet.com I think the best was a few days ago when I received 9 in a row all at the same time. Please remove me from that list.:hothead

JohnRPollard 12-22-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVVega (Post 679806)
I am getting pretty tired of getting the same empty email every day from shop.sailnet.com I think the best was a few days ago when I received 9 in a row all at the same time. Please remove me from that list.:hothead

Wow. That's quite an introduction.

Not sure what the problem is, but you might want to go into your "USER CP", and take a look at what settings you have selected in "Messaging and Notifications".

If the problem persists, we will ask admin to look at it. Enjoy the site.

HVVega 12-23-2010 02:28 AM

Hi John sorry for sounding a bit gruff but this really is becoming a problem. I did go the CP as you suggested and made sure "Receive Email from Administrators" is not ticked - it was not. What I am getting is an empty email with only a long subject offering radars etc for various prices. The fun is getting several every day - all the same. I shall post the next one for all to see. Perhaps someone is using the email addresses here for spamming?

HVVega 12-23-2010 02:38 AM

Hummmmmmm? When I try that address it does in fact take me to the shop here at sailnet. Oh well just have to keep trying to find an unsubscribe button... a bit hard to do on an empty email though

JohnRPollard 12-23-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HVVega (Post 679936)
Hummmmmmm? When I try that address it does in fact take me to the shop here at sailnet. Oh well just have to keep trying to find an unsubscribe button... a bit hard to do on an empty email though

This sounds like some kind of glitch, as we are not receiving other reports of the same problem. What I'd suggest you try doing for the time being is to go into your personal e-mail and just block the specific address that these messages are coming from. Most e-mail programs have a "blacklist" or similar feature that will prevent certain e-mail addresses or even entire domains from coming through your spam filters.

administrator 12-23-2010 06:44 AM

there's a link right at the very top of the email to update your delivery preferences and one of them is to : stop all email. If you'd prefer us to do it for you and save you 3 clicks of the mouse, we'd be happy to - just send me a private message and I'll do it for you.

regards & Merry Chrsitmas!

HVVega 12-23-2010 07:34 PM

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Thanks to you both. The problem with clicking the " link right at the very top of the email to update your delivery preferences and one of them is to : stop all email". is that the emails are coming through blank. There is only a header and no body copy. So far today there has not been one so either our friendly Admin person has done it for me or perhaps the system has cleared its own bug. In any case merry Christmas and all that... and the happiest of sailing