Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Uh-oh, I may be guilty of the same thing - not to hijack, could one of the mods please PM me? A few weeks ago all (ALL!) my info may have been compromised, credit cards, checking accts, etc etc. I changed the password on "eryka" account & started using this one - which is the same id as for cruisers forum. Kinda bummed to lose my rep points, but at the same time, I'd hate for my friends to get a message from "me" asking to be bailed out of some jail in Nigeria - just send a few thousand $$ and everything will be fine, etc etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 04-06-2011

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
Uh-oh, I may be guilty of the same thing - not to hijack, could one of the mods please PM me? A few weeks ago all (ALL!) my info may have been compromised, credit cards, checking accts, etc etc. I changed the password on "eryka" account & started using this one - which is the same id as for cruisers forum. Kinda bummed to lose my rep points, but at the same time, I'd hate for my friends to get a message from "me" asking to be bailed out of some jail in Nigeria - just send a few thousand $$ and everything will be fine, etc etc.

Eryka, in your case when we became aware of the compromised accounts we took various measures including over-riding passwords and ultimately banning your previous account "eryka" to prevent unauthorized use. I will only add that, as in the case of the o.p. in this thread, it is always best to contact moderators first.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 04-06-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Thanx John. Duly noted.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 04-06-2011
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Notice:

In the spirit of just being a contrarian, I'm changing my screen name. Unfortunately, I can't thing of anything very clever, so I'm changing it to SlowButSteady. If this is too confusing, I'll be happy to change it back.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Old 04-06-2011

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGNAR View Post
That, and ADM would never stand for it . . .

(For those who don't know, I was accused of posting as I do because I was paid to do so by big business. That accusation was rooted in another sarcastic comment of mine.
Actually, I accused you of working/posting as a mole simply because of the way you post and the fact that you repeat your talking points so often. ( Edit; Oh, plus the fact that you never talk about boats.) I don't even remember the sarcastic comment you made. There have just been too many of them.

Quote:
Setting aside the fact that ADM and other less than ethical companies are largely the product of intrusive government and don't need to resort to this sort of thing:
You can set it aside if you like, the fact is that it is common practice with companies that are interested in promoting their propaganda.

Quote:
is the notion that a little guy can think that successful people have the same rights as the rest of us that much of a stretch?)

Anyway . . .

I apologize for the whole mess.
As you should.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and take Ragster off ignore and put you back.

Last edited by knothead; 04-06-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-06-2011

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Okay everybody, we've got this particular username issue squared away. Unless you've got something very witty to add*, how about we just let this one go now? Thanks.

* For instance: Who chooses "cruisingdad" for a username, anyway?

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 04-06-2011
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and take Ragster off ignore and put you back.
LOL, nicely done!

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 04-06-2011
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
* For instance: Who chooses "cruisingdad" for a username, anyway?
I'd say the cheesiest username on this board...

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Old 04-07-2011

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
And I thought there was a restriction on personal attacks. The first few replies on this thread are vitriol.
Old 04-07-2011
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
And I thought there was a restriction on personal attacks. The first few replies on this thread are vitriol.
It's a well established fact that when people's arguments are unsound, they resort to personal attacks.

You can actually learn a lot by talking with people who are being personally attacked. Over time, you learn things that others miss. I started that practice in high school and wouldn't have done otherwise.

Regards,
Brad
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing.
Closed Thread