Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
In Memory of Spike Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WunHungLo
"Bob Perry's 30 year old son passed away on April 2nd, 2011 and the family and friends of Spike Perry have been devastated. There has been an outpouring of condolences for the family from around the world.

To quote Bob, "...Spike was one of those you didn't need to tell what to do. He had grown up sailing from day one and he always knew what to do."

The sailing community has come together to establish a fund in Spike Perry's name at the Seattle Maritime Academy where Spike was a student in the years 2003 and 2004. The fund will provide scholarship money in honor of Spike and the Perry family, helping deserving kids from the Perry's hometown waters learn more about sailing, seamanship and the region's rich maritime traditions

For Donations:

o Seattle Central Foundation Donation Page

If you wish to make a contribution to the foundation in his name, please ensure that you enter Spike Perry in the field labeled "This donation is in memory of:" This will allow the foundation to track your contributions for his memorial.

More Information:

o Seattle Maritime Academy

o Seattle Central Foundation
From SA. Every Sailnetter needs to get on this. Give what you can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
I'm new to Sailnet but if Smack likes it here it must be a good place so I look forward to participating. I'll also do my best to be on my best behaviour.

Please chuck in what you can to Spike's Memorial Fund. It will go towards scholarships at the school Spike went to when he got his eningeer's licence.

Thanks Smack.
Old 04-29-2011
Battered and Bruised

Silvio is on a distinguished road
Smack,
Good going for bringing this here posting.

Good to see you here Bob, welcome.
Old 04-29-2011
grumpy old man

See that aromor Spike is wearing. He built that. He hand forged each plate, about 350 of them. It weighs 37 lbs.. Spike loved working at the forge and quit a very high paying tugboat job to go work at a forge. He was very creative. He'd dpend Sunday afternoon at the forge, for fun, and come home with the most marvelous things he had built. He was a bit dyslexic but he remembered every world he read and in time became an extrelemy good Scrabble player because he could think in so many directions at once.

Give Spike a glue gun and a pile of cardboard and you'd be surprised at what you got back.
Attached Thumbnails
In Memory of Spike Perry-spike-w-boat-2.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Bob, I lost a 23 year daughter to cancer, I understand! Thank you for introducing us to Spike.
Old 04-29-2011
grumpy old man

Bubb:
My please .
I am truly sorry for your loss and I do understand.
Spike died very suddenly of bacterial pneumonia.
Old 04-29-2011

GBurton is on a distinguished road
I'm very sorry for your loss Bob. God bless.
Old 04-29-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Hey Mr. Grumpy-ass. It's great to have you here too. SN really is a great place - with some truly great people. I've actually had the honor of sailing with a couple of 'em. Bubb and CharlieCobra.

Okay - Sailnetters...show your good sides and support this memorial fund. It's all about teaching a new generation...and honoring a fantastic kid.

Last edited by Jeff_H; 05-03-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2011
grumpy old man

Smack:
You realize that in time they will all blame you for bringing me here.
Where do you live?
Do you close enough to stop by my beach shack.
Nessun Dorma is due to show up here in half an hour and he's coming from Annapolis. The Hungster will be here tomorrow.
ND shipped out Fed-Ex three great bottles of wine ans three great bottles of single malt. I'm a simple man of simple tastes.
Old 04-29-2011
Last Man Standing

Heh-heh. I live in Austin. What I wouldn't give for a fistful of single malt with you guys! Some day soon...I promise. 'Twould be an honor. I'll bring my bongos.

You guys whoop it up for all of us! Huzzah!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/73967-memory-spike-perry.html
Posted By For Type Date
In Memory of Spike Perry - sailing answers This thread Refback 04-04-2014 08:27 AM
In Memory of Spike Perry - SailNet Community This thread Refback 04-27-2011 05:41 PM