Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
I don't get it. I frequent one other forum (not sailing) that uses this same software and has none of the issues we experience. Speed may have to do with the server, but quirks in the New Post feature and others have to be the software or the setup.

The major difference is the other forum is paid, so no advertising. I don't object to ads, since they are paying the bills, but highly suspect them and the program that customizes based on thread content as the culprit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-23-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Definitely not fixed. Still slow, still more timeouts than not. Old user profiles back again.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2011

RonRelyea is on a distinguished road
response times

if it's any help ... On my firefox status line (at the bottom of the window) I get the status of : "waiting for msite.martiniadnetwork.com" ... maybe the problem is with them????
Old 08-23-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRelyea View Post
if it's any help ... On my firefox status line (at the bottom of the window) I get the status of : "waiting for msite.martiniadnetwork.com" ... maybe the problem is with them????
At this point, I think it might be 6or7martinisadnetwork.com

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-23-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
sorry for the website problems yesterday and today. Our primary server started acting up and instead of taking the drastic measure of switching to the backup server we installed a new server to replace the ill-behaved server.

now it's off to detention for the bad server.
Not fixed. Try again.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 08-23-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
It's actually running fine for me again.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-23-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
It's actually running fine for me again.
This morning I get long periods (like minutes - that's long compared to this weekend and yesterday) of it running fine but more often than not it is slooooooow. No actual time out yet today.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-23-2011
Both ends are pointy.

junkrig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRelyea:765153
Whatever it is, it's been happening on the Android app too.

S/V Seablossom Nor'Sea 27 with modern junk rig.
Just because I like it.
Old 08-24-2011

jsnaulty is on a distinguished road
Cool slooooooooow

still not fixed- if I go to another website when timeout begins to happen (waiting 2-3 minutes for page to load), and then come back to the same page in sail net it loads immediately ?DNS problem?

steve naulty
ericson 35-3 'anodyne'
galesville md
Old 08-24-2011

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
sorry for the website problems yesterday and today. Our primary server started acting up and instead of taking the drastic measure of switching to the backup server we installed a new server to replace the ill-behaved server.

now it's off to detention for the bad server.
I would just attribute it to "Installing Wiz-Bang updates, upgrades, and general better bad-a$$ stuff that you plebs couldnt begin to understand!!"

Whenever I experience this I just hope that the gremlins that steal my tools, move my gear in the middle of the night and just wreak general havoc have temporarily left my boat for a time to haunt the sailnet servers....

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture