SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Chat is full (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/78904-chat-full.html)

captainrizzo 09-19-2011 02:21 PM

Chat is full

Why is it that the default for the new chat feature is set to on. This fills up the chat room and doesn't allow those that want to use this feature the access to use it. Also, what doesn't make sense is that folks that are not bonifide members to clog up this space. The default should be that you are not signed into chat as soon as you log in.

DRFerron 09-19-2011 04:05 PM

I agree that the default should not be that one is logged in.

Back in the first week or so after the chat feature was added, the admin said there is no limit to the amount of people so perhaps there is a bug? Or, there really is a limit.

captainrizzo 09-20-2011 01:57 PM

If this is the technical support forum, why aren't the moderators/administrators answering? Hellooooooooooo?

SVAuspicious 09-20-2011 04:50 PM

Major Tom to Ground Control.

tdw 09-20-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVAuspicious (Post 777344)
Major Tom to Ground Control.

Sadly the mod Squad are not Ground Control so I/we can't help. Might I suggest you send a message to "administrator". That might wake them up.

For what it is worth ... I am in complete agreement with you re the chat feature. I turned mine off, way too annoying but once it is turned off it stays off. Not as if it restarts every time you log on.

SVAuspicious 09-21-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdw (Post 777484)
Sadly the mod Squad are not Ground Control so I/we can't help. Might I suggest you send a message to "administrator". That might wake them up.

C'mon Mods -- doesn't administration monitor also? If not, won't they listen more readily to mods who do monitor? Pass the word and light a fire.

Someone in authority decided that chat was a good idea. It's been pretty active. The implementation leaves a lot to be desired. The underlying service provider selected needs to be re-evaluated. The scripting for the stupid, intrusive menu on the site needs to be reconsidered. User feedback is somewhat negative. A professional response is a reasonable expectation.

SVAuspicious 09-21-2011 04:52 PM

Got the chat full error again today and followed the error message links to the underlying service provider. Sure looks like SailNet is using the freebee demo version of the chat. Am I mistaken?

tdw 09-21-2011 06:54 PM

Auspicious .... I have sent a report to Admin asking them to look at this thread and respond.

SVAuspicious 09-22-2011 11:28 AM

Thank you your fuzziness.

SVAuspicious 10-06-2011 02:52 PM

Chat is full again. Time to pay Envolve and get real support, please.