Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012

benjmin is on a distinguished road
This guy is funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
You done loading pictures yet? hey, how's the telephoto lens on your iphone? or the flash?
Just like a Swiss Army knife is an okay knife and an okay screwdriver, but is not a great knife or replaces a toolbox, an iPhone does many things, few of them well, but most of them conveniently.
Yeah, they're amazing alright. and somehow, every year, a new one comes out that has features the previous model didn't. Every year. Features that can't be added to the previous version. So, if you want to stay cutting edge you have to buy a new phone, or a new tablet, every year. Yeah, Jobs was a visionary the same way PT Barnum was.

Oh, and Apple doesn't really need to hire code slingers either to add real content and suability to their devices because there are all sorts of suckers out there hoping to win the app lottery, happy to sell their App through Apple's monopoly app store.

And let's not delve too deep into Apple's dismal workplace safety rating at their factories in China, which Apple is loath to change because it would mean higher prices.

I keep waiting for the Apple disciples to catch on and say "Wait a minute- is it possible they actually had all this technology and all these features this year, but didn't install it, just so that they could introduce a iPad4 or 5 or iPhone 7.94 model at CES next year that I will just need to have?"
He sounds like people I know that get their information from FOX i mean FAUX NEWS.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Show me where I'm wrong. Point out the errors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-31-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
I keep waiting for the Apple disciples to catch on and say "Wait a minute- is it possible they actually had all this technology and all these features this year, but didn't install it, just so that they could introduce a iPad4 or 5 or iPhone 7.94 model at CES next year that I will just need to have?"

Such cynicism from one so young. Jonesy, your lack of faith in the scruples of the IT industry in general and in St Steve of Jobs in particular is unsettling to say the least.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 02-03-2012
Administrator

administrator has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjmin View Post
I wish there was an iPad app.

why - the ipad supports running real web browsers

that would be like asking to run 87 octane in a ZR1 Vette.
Old 02-03-2012

benjmin is on a distinguished road
Scared to argue with the administrator but

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
why - the ipad supports running real web browsers

that would be like asking to run 87 octane in a ZR1 Vette.
All my pictures are on my iPad and I have to go to my MacBook to upload.
It is not a big deal. However I was just expressing my opinion. I like how simple cruisers forum and sailowners app is. Because I can post pictures with just a tap from where ever I am.

An ease of access type of situation.

Example: I am on my boat and need to take a picture of something I need the forums help with. Well as it stands now i would have to take the picture then go home. Upload the picture or pictures onto my MacBook. Then access the site and upload the images.

When I could of taken the picture. Tapped the app typed my question tapped add picture then posted it. Via 3G Internet that my computer does not have. Even if I had my MacBook on the boat with me I would have no Internet to upload the picture with.

Understand?