Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
I'm running with the herd on this one. I could give a rat's a$$ about some petty argument people might be having in the PRWG threads. I stay out of there (for the most part) for good reasons.
I come here to find out things about sailing and sail boats and I don't care where the information and opinions come from. Hopefully I am grown up enough to decide what advice to heed and what not to. For that matter I'd hate not to find Maine Sails advice here.
I'm for leaving the EDIT button on regardless of time limit.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisncate View Post
Hey winner - I didn't "bait then edit", I edited because I felt like editing and you have no idea why I did. Quit opining that you know anyone else's motivation for anything.
Heh-heh. I actually just made the comment as a general rule - not directed at anyone in particular. I don't typically read your stuff...unless you say something directly to me in a non-PRWG thread...then I might read it...sometimes.

And rest assured, I never question anyone's motivations for being a Nancy.

(Oh - I see you edited.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 03-03-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2012
Don't sail anymore

chrisncate is on a distinguished road
I edited/deleted my post to prove a point:

The simple solution is the email notification setting. As you all know (just like I do), you can receive email notifications of new posts, and if you want to keep em, you can.

Once the email goes out, no amount of editing takes that away.
Old 03-03-2012
Don't sail anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Heh-heh. I actually just made the comment as a general rule - not directed at anyone in particular. I don't typically read your stuff...unless you say something directly to me in a non-PRWG thread...then I might read it...sometimes.

(Oh - I see you edited.)
Oh for gods sakes - just admit your underhanded comment was directed at me in your response to BL. Your "heh heh's" are as tiresome as "(grin)".

Grow a pair, and just fess up for once in your life Smack.
Old 03-03-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post

(Oh - I see you edited.)
Could you imagine this place with only the Nancies and no MaineSail ?

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 03-03-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Oh for gods sakes - just admit your underhanded comment was directed at me in your response to BL. Your "heh heh's" are as tiresome as "(grin)".

Grow a pair, and just fess up for once in your life Smack.
I'm always happy to "fess up" to something if it's true. But it's not in this case.

Here's the deal CnC, I honestly don't typically read your stuff. Just not interested.

Now, I feel no need to put you, or anyone else, "on ignore" (I don't have anyone on ignore - never have) - I just typically read and respond to stuff that interests me. And your stuff typically doesn't interest me.

You're just not that fun to talk to, dude - so I talk to other people. No big deal. But that's the truth of it.

Oh, and my pair are just fine.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 03-03-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2012
Don't sail anymore

Ok, good to know Smack - thanks for your honesty.

Anyway, regarding the edit button - like I said before, if anyone wants to clip and hold onto anything anyone else posts without worry of future editing, they can by setting their email to receive post notifications.

Regarding the usefulness of other posters, I like MS's helpful posts as much as the next guy, but I don't see this forum as simply a place to find good info - I see it as a sometimes fun hangout spot that isn't necessarily always focused on constant learning or instruction. If someone wants to edit what they say at any time, I could care less. Future generations be damned.
Old 03-04-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Ok, good to know Smack - thanks for your hornesty.

Anyway, regarding the 'regret it' button - like I said before, if anyone wants to clip and hold onto anything anyone else posts without regretful future edits, they can set their email to receive post notifications and burn them all.

Regarding the uselessness of other posters, I like MS's helpful posts as much as the next guy, but I don't see this forum as simply a place to find ethereal nirvana - I see it as a sometimes fun hangout spot that isn't necessarily always intent on constant learning or didactic instruction. If someone wants to redact what they say at any time, I could care less. Future generations be forewarned.
er, putting words in your mouth I guess.
Just try and fix that quote.
Sounds like you are for leaving the edit button on?!

Everybody has one:

Old 03-04-2012
Don't sail anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
er, putting words in your mouth I guess.
Just try and fix that quote.
Sounds like you are for leaving the edit button on?!
Lol, nice..

(and yup)
Old 03-04-2012

KnottyGurl is on a distinguished road
If you have the freedom to say it, then you should have the freedom to change it as well. People do change their minds do they not?
Removing the ability to be able to change what one said is basically taking away part of that freedom to make changes.
This happens when Moderators decide what is and is not proper based on their ideals and values, which may differ then the OP.
If you do not like what was posted then don't read it. If it is due to thread drift and the OP is involved then BUTT OUT, the OP in regards to post is the owner of that thread and should have the right to post and continue to post as s/he feels.
Of course this does take into consideration the " hate, discrimination, sex, slave, dumba$$ remarks that would be NOT wanted nor needed. We all joined with agreeing to the posting rules........
Over Moderation will kill anything, we're all adults here, some act like children (Nancy's) and some have great things to say.
If people really don't like what has been said, then report the post state you reason why and moderate properly.

For those that do not know clicking the little red triangle on the right hand corner will notify moderators of a post that needs attention, you also have a place to submit your reason for reporting the post. The diplomatic solution to Trolls, losers, halfwits and dumba$$ alike.
Get to many complaints and they loose the ability to post.
Another diplomatic solution.
chef2sail and chrisncate like this.

Last edited by KnottyGurl; 03-04-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: because I could

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.