Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Wonder how many have noticed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
That is just silly - use the right product: White Out
That only works on word and excel. you need tape for forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2012
Administrator

administrator has disabled reputation

you guys crack me up. get ready for change - I'm working on a new one... a nuclear duck.
Old 03-09-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
you guys crack me up. get ready for change - I'm working on a new one... a nuclear duck.
As long as it blows up your computer and not mine, go for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 03-09-2012
Administrator

bubb2 and Minnewaska like this.
Old 03-09-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

IMHO, this site spends far too much time providing useless upgrades and way too little fixing the bugs it already has.

Reminds me of when I was a high school kid. I couldn't wait to get a new stereo for the car, but never spent a moment cleaning my room. The military fixed that....

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 03-09-2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
IMHO, this site spends far too much time providing useless upgrades and way too little fixing the bugs it already has.

Reminds me of when I was a high school kid. I couldn't wait to get a new stereo for the car, but never spent a moment cleaning my room. The military fixed that....
what bugs might that be? - please elaborate - we fix everything within our powers as quickly as we can when they are brought to our attention.

In a quick review of your posts over the last month I don't see any posts on the forum or here in the Technical Support section pointing out any "bugs it already has".

Our mission as always is to provide the best online experience to all of our users so I look forward to your list of bugs that we can address ourselves to.

thanks for your continued support and participation.
Old 03-09-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

I'm not the only one who feels this way

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sailne...-messages.html

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but this issue really makes it hard to fully enjoy this site, as I won't browse unless I know I will be ale to get through all my subscribed threads before they are automatically marked as read. I also won't bother digging up all the pushback on the chat room feature that keeps turning back on.

Edit.... As I've pointed out in these threads, I do frequent another paid non-sailing forum that uses this software and do not experience these problems.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 03-09-2012
Administrator

can you elaborate on this comment:

"as I won't browse unless I know I will be ale to get through all my subscribed threads before they are automatically marked as read."

thanks

ps: somehow this other threads got past me... I'll look into them just need to fully understand what's happening.

Last edited by administrator; 03-09-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2012

It is described in above threads.

All threads present a "view first unread" button that will bring you to where you left off. That seems to triggered by the time in the upper right corner that says when you last visited. If you just stay on long enough, either crafting a reply or just being idle, that last visited time will renew to the present and you lose your place.

Not only does the First Unread button help get you where you left off in a multiple page thread, but the bolding identifies those threads that have anything posted since you last signed on.

Simply stated, nothing should be marked as read, unless the user actually reads it, regardless of when you last visited.

If I only have a few minutes and sign on to see a dozen threads I would like to catch up on and fail to do so, they will all reset. Therefore, I just avoid signing on without time.

Jeanneau 54DS

Last edited by Minnewaska; 03-09-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-09-2012
Administrator

I have a feeling this has to do with the timeout we set in the cookie settings for the site. I'm glad to change it and we'll watch how it affects this setting.

if the cookie expires and get's renewed it changes the time at which it was renewed - I'll change it now and we'll watch it closely.

you probably need to delete your cookies for sailnet and let them get reset to the the new values that I'm setting or logoff and log back on.

Last edited by administrator; 03-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.