SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Killarneys visit Sydney (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/85428-killarneys-visit-sydney.html)

tdw 03-25-2012 09:02 PM

Killarneys visit Sydney

Yesterday the Wombet and I had the pleasant task of showing Bruce (Killarney Sailor) and his other half June, around Sydney harbour on board the Womboat.

Not much of a sail but hey we certainly enjoyed your company and conversation.

Anytime you like, you'll be more than welcome. Trust the trip back to Brisbane (flying) was uneventful and that Ainia is all OK.

Cheers

Andrew B

Faster 03-25-2012 09:22 PM

Re: Killarneys visit Sydney

Good on ya, Andrew and wombette... if the stars align one day perhaps we can do the same!...

tdw 03-25-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 850508)
Good on ya, Andrew and wombette... if the stars align one day perhaps we can do the same!...

Just as long as you pay the airfare .... :p :p

I started out as a drizzly drear old day but cleared up. No wind really so what sailing we mangaed was little more than a drift but we anchored in a nice spot, whiled away the afternoon eating, drinking and talking, then sailed verrrrrry slowly back up harbour as the sun went down. Good stuff.

killarney_sailor 03-30-2012 06:25 AM

Certainly want to thank Andrew and Wendy for their hospitality and for sharing their beautiful harbour with us. Would be a lovely place to live if money were not a consideration. For all those who wonder what TDW is like in person, pretty much as he is in cyberspace, although a tad more mellow - although the mellowness may alter depending on who is on board.

We are back on Ainia and looking for a departure northbound in very early May. We are flying to NZ on Friday for a two weeks and then back to getting Ainia ready (haul and paint and pull the stick). Boat was fine except for some mildew issues. Apparently a very rainy summer in Queensland (again).

Always fun to meet Sailnet people in real-life.

bljones 03-30-2012 08:35 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting killarney and Mrs. killarney at the Toronto Boat Show in January. Great people, great tales, and June is a kick! This compact, quiet woman has some serious cojones. To hear the tales you'd think that Bruce gave his wife all of the really crappy watches, because a repeated refrain is, "So, I come up on deck and there's June..." either hanging from a tether, hanging from the wheel, or swimming in the cockpit, or unaware that a swell is looming over her, or...

tdw 03-30-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bljones (Post 852583)
I had the pleasure of meeting killarney and Mrs. killarney at the Toronto Boat Show in January. Great people, great tales, and June is a kick! This compact, quiet woman has some serious cojones. To hear the tales you'd think that Bruce gave his wife all of the really crappy watches, because a repeated refrain is, "So, I come up on deck and there's June..." either hanging from a tether, hanging from the wheel, or swimming in the cockpit, or unaware that a swell is looming over her, or...

Absolutely Jonesy. She knows where her towel is. Its easy to understand how they have made it half way round the world. First rate sailors I'd reckon. Good fun, down to earth and practical. Not preaching from any sailing bible, just looking for the stuff that works.

Hey Bruce .... mellow eh ? Must have caught me on an off day. :p The Wombet will be most amused to see me described as mellow. Incorrigable old fart is closer to her assessment.

Faster 03-30-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdw (Post 852748)
..... The Wombet will be most amused to see me described as mellow. Incorrigable old fart is closer to her assessment.

Well you always did say she is a clever lass!:p;):)

bljones 03-30-2012 05:43 PM

I thought he said she had a heavy ass.
I really got to look in to getting hearing aids.