SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Drop down menu disappears behind ad (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/88901-drop-down-menu-disappears-behind-ad.html)

DRFerron 06-22-2012 09:58 AM

Drop down menu disappears behind ad

There is usually an ad placed in the white space below the User CP et al menus. For the past week when I click a menu, the menu items dip down below the ad and I can't access any of them.

deniseO30 06-22-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Drop down menu disappears behind ad

I don't see any ads much any more Donna. On Firefox that I use it has Adblock and I down loaded a bunch of filters to stop Google . site I used is called fanboy it works!

hellosailor 06-22-2012 10:27 AM

That's not a problem, that's a FEATURE designed to ensure the ads are read without interruption. After all, the ads pay for the site.

DRFerron 06-22-2012 10:34 AM

Thanks Denise. I don't mind the ads (when they don't prevent me from getting where I want to go). I figure if everyone blocks the ads, the site won't be able to sell advertising and continue.

Anyway, I just wanted the admins to check their code.

Faster 06-22-2012 10:51 AM

Donna, it helps to let admin know what browser you're using when you see this kind of thing. It's also often worthwhile to try another just to see if the 'issue' is unique to that browser.

Also on such issues these posts will be 'noticed' more quickly if you report them too. (which I've done just now)

DRFerron 06-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faster (Post 887764)
Donna, it helps to let admin know what browser you're using when you see this kind of thing. It's also often worthwhile to try another just to see if the 'issue' is unique to that browser.

Sorry. Forgot. Firefox 13. I can't switch to IE because the chat doesn't work in it. :)

The ads seem to have disappeared from that space and jumped up entirely outside of the forum space (above the "Sailnet Sailing Community" logo) since I posted so I'm OK with it way up there. :)

cupper3 06-22-2012 03:41 PM

I have the same problem using the "Quick Links" menu option.

Using Chrome on Ubuntu 12.10. Problem started this week, and not on all ads, just most of them.

administrator 06-23-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupper3 (Post 887853)
I have the same problem using the "Quick Links" menu option.

Using Chrome on Ubuntu 12.10. Problem started this week, and not on all ads, just most of them.

is there a particular ad that's causing this?

I use chrome nowadays and can't get this to happen.

However, I did change the z-index in the div that surrounds the ad code to -100 to see if that cures the problem you're having.

DRFerron 06-23-2012 10:55 AM

It seems to be working OK now. Thanks.

cupper3 06-23-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 888038)
is there a particular ad that's causing this?

I use chrome nowadays and can't get this to happen.

However, I did change the z-index in the div that surrounds the ad code to -100 to see if that cures the problem you're having.

I'll keep an eye out to see if there is and report back. I have not had it happen today, so perhaps you fixed the problem.

Darn ad servers... they seem to throw kinks into the system don't they with out warning.