Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012

VK540 is on a distinguished road
Re: I'm Done

I understand your frustration as I have been one of those silent in the community, but, I have found the information here very useful. Some are very old posts still available to read so I usually find someone has already asked the question I needed answered. Newbie's get a bit beat up but sometimes I think it might help them in the long run. Even when I google a a sailing question on the wwweb it almost always brings me to sailnet and if I take the time to read the whole post I can sort out the good advice from the bad thanks to the people who tell it like it is. Anyway that's my input and I do find this site valuable.

P.S. I did wonder myself how some could be on SN as much as they are and still get time sailing but I think I will be able to answer that question myself next year as I move onto retirement and make headway to the equator.
Hull #92
Sailing the North Channel of Lake Huron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012

Seaduction is on a distinguished road

Don't forget, some cruisers "post" while cruising.
SimonV likes this.
Old 08-20-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

I have the proud distinction of having bequeathed to SN over 10K posts of most excellent drivel. Of course, I think the majority of those are sailing related - so that's not too bad.

Why do I post so much? I own my own business. I still have to be around the office to manage things, but I can play around a bit. Sailing is my absolutely favorite thing to do...and learn about, and talk about. No mystery.

I'm sorry to see you go sea. I'm not sure I can take this place another 8 years either. That's a freakin' eternity.

I'm sorry I missed the '04 coup. Sounds like that one was epic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-20-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I have the proud distinction of having bequeathed to SN over 10K posts of most excellent drivel. Of course, I think the majority of those are sailing related - so that's not too bad.

Why do I post so much? I own my own business. I still have to be around the office to manage things, but I can play around a bit. Sailing is my absolutely favorite thing to do...and learn about, and talk about. No mystery.

I'm sorry to see you go sea. I'm not sure I can take this place another 8 years either. That's a freakin' eternity.

I'm sorry I missed the '04 coup. Sounds like that one was epic.
Gee, I hope you hang around. I enjoy seeing your Avatar! (Saw the movie; it was a sad commentary on mental health.)
Old 08-20-2012
Aspiring to be a Mexican

sww914 is on a distinguished road

Sea Hunter, the single negative response to anything that I've posted here, the ONE, was from you.
zeehag and Capt-T like this.

Old 08-20-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaduction View Post
Gee, I hope you hang around. I enjoy seeing your Avatar! (Saw the movie; it was a sad commentary on mental health.)
Oh I'll be here for a while. I love the place.

I see SN as a bar on the wharf...with lots and lots of different personalities...some chilled, some crusty. But everyone has the same interest...sailing. Not just cruising, or racing, or big boats, or small boats, or whatever. Just sailing. And anyway, I've always liked the mix and the occasional dust up. It keeps things fun.

As for "Falling Down" - lots of ways to look at that movie. It was also a commentary on how the "strong" like to bully the "weak" - and what happens when the tables are turned. Interesting flick.
wingNwing, zeehag and Seaduction like this.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-20-2012

SeaQuinn is on a distinguished road

I am fairly new here and so far I have been treated very well! Got great responses to all the questions I posted and have been trying to help others what little I can.

I am sorry you are leaving because usually older members of forums have some of the best advice to give us newbies!
bljones and HDChopper like this.
Old 08-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Oh I'll be here for a while. I love the place.

I see SN as a bar on the wharf...with lots and lots of different personalities...some chilled, some crusty. But everyone has the same interest...sailing. Not just cruising, or racing, or big boats, or small boats, or whatever. Just sailing. And anyway, I've always liked the mix and the occasional dust up. It keeps things fun.

As for "Falling Down" - lots of ways to look at that movie. It was also a commentary on how the "strong" like to bully the "weak" - and what happens when the tables are turned. Interesting flick.
Smack will be here until he outposts the dog at which point its pumpkin time ... and by the time that day dawns this fellow ten thouster will be way way past crusty ...

ps - What in heaven's name is a Sinead ... whiney or not ?

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 08-20-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about

As I recall the "coup" smacky, it wasn't that big of a deal, except to those who participated.

SailNet is what it is. Just like any other forum site on the Web. If you like it, or find it useful, you frequent it. If not, then don't come. It's your choice whether to be here or not.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Smack will be here until he outposts the dog at which point its pumpkin time ... and by the time that day dawns this fellow ten thouster will be way way past crusty ...

ps - What in heaven's name is a Sinead ... whiney or not ?
"Sinead" is an Irish name for a female (usually). Singer Sinead O'Conner spread its popularity.