Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: I'm Done

I promise, if I ever decide to stop posting, I will just simply stop posting. I don't even expect a single, "hey, were did Minne go?" in a single thread. I don't think anyone gives a darn about a farewell middle finger thread either, nor seems to understand them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

I'm new here and I like it SN. I post mostly to pass time while I'm on a tug boat which is like doing 2 weeks of jail. It passes the time. When I'm home, I think about these threads and It inspires me to work on my boat more and sail more. I've learned a lot here. I've been sucked into some of the negativity, It's just healthy banter really, we are after all sailors are we not? Oppinionative and passionate about sail boat stuff. I gues 04 is along time ago in SN years but to me it's frick'n yesterday. I got my first computer last christmas, before that I could care less about internet crap. Anchors and chain should be big by the way.
Old 08-20-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road

'Fraid it's the internet - it is what it is. While it works for you, stay. When it stops working, your choices are either to work to change it, or move on. So far, I like the blend of information and irreverence that is SN ... I'm staying, and contributing when I can. Fair winds to you, SeaHunter.
sawingknots, bljones and Leocat66 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 08-20-2012
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

I've taken my knocks on the internet over the years. I've given a few knocks. I 've been banned by a major forum, for life. But I live in a remote area. This and Sailing Anarchy are my only hope at a social life after my dogs, of course. So I'm staying whether you like it or not.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 08-20-2012

BigZ is on a distinguished road

Never understood why someone would post a “I'm not gonna post any more” post. Seems like they have a pretty pompous opinion of themselves. Are we supposed to wear sackcloth or repent at the loss or something?
Also don't see any major issues with the site. No excessive negativity or rudeness. But I usually just look into the General Discuss or Gear forums. Is there an Idiots Only sub-forum I'm missing?

I do miss that guy who owned a multihull and always recommended that anyone buying a monohull should have their keelbolts replaced. Like it was as simple as replacing a winch or something. He was a hoot.
Old 08-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

I don't really get the dancing of the Cartman shuffle but if some lucky soul is about to bugger off and go sailing I see nothing wrong with a fond farewell.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 08-20-2012

KIVALO is on a distinguished road

This place is tame compared to most forums I have visited. Certain posters here who have a "reputation" as being combative or unruly would be considered polite and respectful at most forums I have seen.

It's the internet boys & girls, lighten up!

Brad
s/v KIVALO
bljones and HDChopper like this.
WORK IS OVER-RATED
Old 08-20-2012
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough

I miss a lot of the people that have left, but enjoy the new people. If I don't enjoy being here anymore I guess I'll just stop reading/posting here. Once in a while I can help someone out with a problem, as many have helped me over the years. It's all good, until it isn't I guess. Fair winds Seahunter.

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse

Old 08-20-2012

KIVALO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I've taken my knocks on the internet over the years. I've given a few knocks. I 've been banned by a major forum, for life. But I live in a remote area. This and Sailing Anarchy are my only hope at a social life after my dogs, of course. So I'm staying whether you like it or not.
I suspect the dogs are better company!

I have 10 year old Chocolate Lab who is my first mate, hunting partner & in general buddy 'ol pal. What kind of dogs do you have?

Brad
s/v KIVALO
WORK IS OVER-RATED
Old 08-20-2012

afrinus is on a distinguished road

Hey its like I say when some guy at work threatens to quit, "Son, it's like having your hand in a bucket of water - You pull it out, there might be a few ripples on the surface, but there's no hole......"

You want to go, go - hell why waste time to tell all of us - especially if you going sailing....
scratchee likes this.