Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012

Sabreman will become famous soon enough Sabreman will become famous soon enough
Re: I'm Done

I'll stay! Someone has to stick around to impart priceless wisdom about a truly great line of boats. Plus I'm really cool. And smart too. Who wouldn't want to read my pearls of bilge water?

Quote:
Never understood why someone would post a “I'm not gonna post any more” post. Seems like they have a pretty pompous opinion of themselves.
Is it pompous if I post a "I'm going to stay" post?

I really crack myself up......that makes one of us....
Old 08-20-2012

SeaSickFish is on a distinguished road

never knew you, sry we never met, hope you have fun sailing, maybe ill see ya on the water some day. hopefully you will be in a better mood when our paths meet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2012

tomandchris is on a distinguished road

I agree with Wingnwing...it is the internet for God's sake!

I used to tell my kid's that it was a lot better when someone else told them how good they were at something then when they told someone else how good THEY were. Here, I think the standard should be "Where did XYZ poster disappear to?" more than "I am leaving and you will miss me". Stop posting and wait a couple of months. If anyone asks where you went...you were missed. If nobody asks...nobody gives a damn!
Have a good life no matter what...it is the internet for God's sake!

Smacks wharf bar is also a good analogy. The only guy you miss in a bar is the guy that liked to buy drinks for the house.
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 08-20-2012

sawingknots is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure what it is!i just get frustrated with forums!if i'm talking to someone face to face and i feel disrespected we work it out one way or another,online thats not possible,people sometimes think that posting on a forum gives them some degree of safety or distance,kinkof like the people what gesture from the safety of thier car,i know very well i've sometimes stepped over the line and i have no problem with apologizing...."can't we all just get along"
smackdaddy and gryff57 like this.
Old 08-20-2012

fryewe is on a distinguished road

Sorry you feel like you're wasting your time here. I agree with others...if you think you're wasting your time here then GO! And if you're going then going sailing is the place to go.

As for me I think this is a great forum. I'm here because I learn a little bit every time I log in. And sometimes I am amused by a story. Sometimes I marvel at what I think are insanely stupid comments. Sometimes I chuckle when a thin skin gets a little poke. The personalities of the "regulars" comes through their posts and some of them seem like folks it'd be great to have a rum with sometime...and others seem a bit close-minded and pompous.

Sailnet is a fair enough place. I wouldn't recommend the politics and off topics section though.
Old 08-20-2012
Get over yourself already

chrisncate is on a distinguished road

Is it time for a sticky thread where worn out posters can go and publicly say their goodbyes, get it off their chest and get that last sweet sweet taste of the Sailnet spotlight before heroically riding off into the cyber sunset? It seems like that is the point of these "I'm leaving" threads for the most part anyway.

(waa... I'm leaving!!1!)

I can't take much more of this without commenting on the granite countertops like I used to do... it's getting old people... it's getting really old..
jameswilson29 likes this.
Old 08-20-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingknots View Post
I'm not sure what it is!i just get frustrated with forums!if i'm talking to someone face to face and i feel disrespected we work it out one way or another,online thats not possible,people sometimes think that posting on a forum gives them some degree of safety or distance,kinkof like the people what gesture from the safety of thier car,i know very well i've sometimes stepped over the line and i have no problem with apologizing...."can't we all just get along"
Knots ... one of the problems is that we sometimes get confused as to whom a particular poster is referring. I did it myself yesterday when I thought someone was jumping on something I said when in fact he was referring to an earlier post. In this case, thankfully he is a mate of mine so I didn't take offence and it was quickly sorted out but we do need to be careful that we don't overreact. Indeed it may well be a good idea to send a PM to the supposed hostile poster before reacting publicly.
sawingknots and SimonV like this.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 08-20-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

Even in the short time I've been on SN I've seen some 'ol timey posters post a 10 paragraph rant about how they are leaving and" foowee to you all" and then 2 months later they are back. Please one of you come find me and slap me silly if I ever post a " good bye cruel world" post.
Capt-T likes this.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 08-20-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2012

SJ34 is on a distinguished road

I also don't really understand what people expect and are not receiving from SN that causes such disillusionment that they need to give these middle finger farewells.

Sea Hunter did hit on a good point though, how is it some folks accumulate double digit rep points and someone like Bob Perry has 2. The World Wide Inter-web is a bit lob-sided.
Old 08-20-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

The problem with slapping you silly Aaron, is with the BIIIIIIIIIIIG anchor and chain we will use, they do not flop/fly around really easy, so hitting you upside the head will be hard to do. Now if we can use one of the newfangled aruminum type anchors.......that might work a bit better..........

Not sure I remember the 04/05 something or other, unless that is when the previous owners lost SN due to BK or some such thing.....or a previous mod was sorta kinda run out due to differing political type something or other feelings..........

Heck it was almost a decade ago! lots can change in that time frame! I' still here causing trouble with half the posts of the fuzz ball, and smacky! but they do cause more trouble than I!

marty
Capt.aaron likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.