SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Wombat returns .... tale follows ... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/96167-wombat-returns-tale-follows.html)

tdw 01-28-2013 08:19 PM

Wombat returns .... tale follows ...

Well here we are again .... nice to be back, he said with a singular lack of sincerity ....

Reality is that coming back after a month on board is not much chop. Maybe I'll get the hang of on board computing eventually but quite frankly I only turned the thing on once or twice, did a bit of reading with a 7" tablet but that is about it. Being away is for me really being away.

Cheers to you all .... hope the year brings all you deserve. Hopefully knock up a cruise report in the next few days.

smackdaddy 01-28-2013 08:41 PM

Re: Wombat returns .... tale follows ...

Woohoo! Welcome back TD. I look forward to your write up!

PorFin 01-28-2013 08:42 PM

Welcome back, Fuzzy!

We've missed you -- waaay, waaaaaaaaaay more than you've missed us I'm sure ;)

Faster 01-28-2013 08:46 PM

Good to see you back, old fella! :p

bljones 01-28-2013 10:10 PM

'Bout time.

blowinstink 01-28-2013 10:15 PM

Glad you do it the right way -- no point in being here when you're gone!

tdw 01-28-2013 10:25 PM

Old fella indeed ... what cheek.

Jealous Jonesy ? ha ha .....

but then .... someone who shall remain nameless .... won't you sweet Wombet.... has just informed me that someone forgot to turn off the freaking fridge. Wotsmore its bucketing down in ye olde Sydney town so I get to go to boat, row out to mooring and turn the damn thing off. No sun alas so solar ain't doing its thang and I'm also informed that she very carefully left the fridge open so it will be working its arse off trying to cool down the whole bloody boat.

Ah me .... life is hard.

So thanks Stink and Porfin .... you too Smack but it was all pretty much smooth sailing so I doubt we'll get a BFS.

OK then .... off to get a wee bit soggy.

Andrew B

PCP 01-28-2013 10:50 PM

I wondered what had happened to you...good things I see.

I understand you very well. On the boat no computer and no TV. I make an exception to music. But frankly 1 month? This year I intend to do that for at least 4 moths:D

Regards

Paulo

CalebD 01-28-2013 10:50 PM

Welcome back Andrew. Too bad you couldn't spend another month on the Womboat; maybe your attitude would have improved! At least you can still do some sailing during your approaching Autumn season while some of us in the northern hemisphere wait for the Spring's approach.
SailingDad was forced to break out the "ban stick" in your absence so I know that at least he missed you!
Actually, your dry wit and ascerbic tone have been greatly missed although the guy SD banned made a good stab at taking your place. If you don't believe me, look for posts from a user named Enigma(something or other) in off-topic. There was one round mound of pomposity!

I have also discovered that I do not hate using a Kindle for reading books.

I'm sure that most of us will enjoy whatever you care to share of your walkabout.

Classic30 01-29-2013 12:06 AM

Welcome back!

Trust you had plenty of reading and thinking time (surely more than I've had anyways). Escaped from the swamp, but work is busy, life is busy and sailing is also really busy. I'm off to NZ next week crewing in the Classic Yacht Regatta...

Look forward to hearing from you once you dry off.. (btw, we could do with some rain down here). :)