Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Announcements and Suggestions Box
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013

tspalding is on a distinguished road
Re: River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels

It is on the okechobee waterway in florida just before moorehaven and it is an upscale dry storage facility for powerboats river forest yachting center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

Dunno, Dan. The scant information I could find on Durbeck says their biggest boat was 62 feet, not 65. And that river is strictly inland, in Georgia and Alabama, and runs into the Flint River to reach past Florida to the sea.

Big boat, on an inland river? Odd. Bigger than what the company made? Odd. Inland river with BoatUS tow? And a marina that caters to large yachts but manages to avoid being mentioned at all on net? Odd. Oh, wait, the boat is on an inland river. So it would be odd that it needed a tow and couldn't drop anchor, or make arrangements to be towed in for repairs.

"Odd" just keeps coming up. When someone makes their first post on a forum to bitterfy protest something that can't be readily substantiated...My eyebrow stays up until I can find some substantiation.

For a business to manage to keep a zero profile on the internet these days, no references, no reviews, no listings in "Marinas of..." or anything similar? That's a pretty good trick these days too!

[later]
ts?
So now it is in Florida, not Alabama, which means it is on a different river? And it is the RF Yachting Center not the RF Marina? Nope, that doesn't work. You said specifically it was on the "Chattahoochee river." and the RFYC's two locations are nowhere near that river.

"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice."
or, in Ricky Ricardo's immortal words, "Luuucyyy! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

I've got it. Gertrude Stein: There's no there there.

Last edited by hellosailor; 02-06-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2013
dockbum

dockbumdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Dunno, Dan. The scant information I could find on Durbeck says their biggest boat was 62 feet, not 65. And that river is strictly inland, in Georgia and Alabama, and runs into the Flint River to reach past Florida to the sea.

Big boat, on an inland river? Odd. Bigger than what the company made? Odd. Inland river with BoatUS tow? And a marina that caters to large yachts but manages to avoid being mentioned at all on net? Odd. Oh, wait, the boat is on an inland river. So it would be odd that it needed a tow and couldn't drop anchor, or make arrangements to be towed in for repairs.

"Odd" just keeps coming up. When someone makes their first post on a forum to bitterfy protest something that can't be readily substantiated...My eyebrow stays up until I can find some substantiation.

For a business to manage to keep a zero profile on the internet these days, no references, no reviews, no listings in "Marinas of..." or anything similar? That's a pretty good trick these days too!

[later]
ts?
So now it is in Florida, not Alabama, which means it is on a different river? And it is the RF Yachting Center not the RF Marina? Nope, that doesn't work. You said specifically it was on the "Chattahoochee river." and the RFYC's two locations are nowhere near that river.

"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice."
or, in Ricky Ricardo's immortal words, "Luuucyyy! You got some 'splainin' to do!"

I've got it. Gertrude Stein: There's no there there.
I also felt there was stuff that was veerry strange in that post. so I checked the profile and said to myshelf Hummmm! brand new member who's first post is a RANT. So i searched google to check on the marina, only found two. the one in NC which is very good, and BOATUS Towboat connected and one in the alabama area. The poster should be Complaining the Boat US if the tower took him to that place in FLA. Just from the web page You get the feeling they aren't sailboat friendly. TowBoat will even move him for free since it was they're "missteak"(sic)
Slip W=11
Georgetown, Md.21930
Sassafras River, Md.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

the place does exist. it's in fla on the waterway Florida's Indoor/Outdoor Boat & Yacht Storage & Service Facilities found it on active captain.com

My first ever screen shot!

My boat is for sale.
Old 02-06-2013

I wish that was true but boat us does not have a provider on lake okechobee and you can not ancor overnite in the very narrow channel without risk of a ticket from the army core also i am not a new member just a returning member you may call boat us to verify call river forest yachting center in moor haven also and if you tell me how to post a pic of the boat i will by the way it has a hundester cpp so itis not a regular prop nut
Old 02-06-2013

that's the damn spell check it's its cut the Caloosahatchee River
Old 02-06-2013
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Fstbttms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspalding View Post
My boat was towed there by boat US due to a prop nut failure.
What exactly is a "prop nut failure"?
Old 02-07-2013

This boat has a hundested vr3 cpp unit and it has a "nut" that threads onto the transom plate behind the prop. That nut as come off and has wedge itself between the prop hub and the shaft
Old 03-03-2013

Seaduction is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspalding View Post
Just east of the ortona lock
The Okeechobee Waterway has 2 "River Forest Yachting Center" marinas; one on each side of Lake Okeechobee. It was a pleasant overnight stay, but I don't believe they are connected to the subject of this thread.
Edit: I didn't read the second page of posts and thought I would offer the information regarding River Forest Yachting Centers 2 locations on the Okeechobee WW.
Attached Thumbnails
River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels-dsc00771.jpg   River Forest Marina owned by Joe Charels-dsc00765.jpg  

Last edited by Seaduction; 03-03-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Additional data.
Old 03-03-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

There are enough inconsistencies (locations, names, rivers that don't run to the sea, boat that's bigger than anything the maker ever built) that whatever whoever did, we sure don't have any reason to take anything here as gospel. There's just too much that doesn't jibe. And if there's that much confusion HERE, lord only knows what might be confused at a marina.

Tags
river forest marina

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.