SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Thanks for the "Thanks" button. Not sure I like... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/99674-thanks-thanks-button-not-sure-i-like.html)

CalebD 05-20-2013 09:06 PM

Thanks for the "Thanks" button. Not sure I like...

So, there now appears to be a "Thanks" button on each post.
I suppose we should all just like it and be thankful that the tech team is trying.
We will all probably end up being thankful that the "Like" button is gone but for now the best I can do is pretend it is like a "Like" button.

Thanks for the Like and like the Thanks!

administrator 05-20-2013 09:52 PM

Re: Thanks for the "Thanks" button. Not sure I like...

this is a light at the end of the tunnel - like..wise :)

SVAuspicious 05-20-2013 10:15 PM

So those who have built up 'likes' based on credible contributions are all reset to zero. New readers only have post counts to use to filter and we all know that isn't helpful. Surprise!

northoceanbeach 05-20-2013 10:27 PM

We've still got rep although nobody seems to use it. I didn't even see the thanks.

blt2ski 05-20-2013 10:44 PM

Maybe there should be both!

Like for when you like the post.....

Thanks for if the post helps you or equal! and one can only use one or the other for a given post........then again......hmmmmmmmmm.............

oysterman23 05-20-2013 10:50 PM

seems like a semi casual poll could have been taken to ascertain broader community support for or against "like" or "thanks" ?????? dare I even mention the notion of a vote.....personally I often like postings or responses without having enough to make a written response...that's why I "liked" the like button. Thanks always seemed something I should spend time to write and if useful expand on how it was helpful....

CalebD 05-20-2013 11:55 PM

I'm surprised that by now no one has brought up the "un-thank" button idea.
Lets have a poll and start an on-line petition to gather thanks & likes & nays & whogivesa****s.

MedSailor 05-21-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oysterman23 (Post 1033064)
seems like a semi casual poll could have been taken to ascertain broader community support for or against "like" or "thanks" ?????? dare I even mention the notion of a vote.....personally I often like postings or responses without having enough to make a written response...that's why I "liked" the like button. Thanks always seemed something I should spend time to write and if useful expand on how it was helpful....

I agree, lets vote. Everyone who "likes" this new "thanks" button please click "like" on this post.... Oh wait, we cant.....

Well, that's about as many votes as you'd get anyway.

Thanks for your hard work admin team. Was one once (in another life) and I know it's generally a thankless (or likeless?) job.

Now get back on fixing that like button!!! :D

MedSailor

chef2sail 05-21-2013 02:19 AM

Shouldn't this discussion be moved to the OTH/ REL/ POL forum?

Minnewaska 05-21-2013 06:28 AM

Thanks is expressing gratitude

Like expresses that something is agreeable

They're not interchangeable. Maybe the old feature just wasn't available in a new release. Still odd that none of this is ever explained. I almost wonder if the Wizard of Oz just chuckles behind the curtain at the impending swarm of comments.