SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Announcements and Suggestions Box (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/)
-   -   Chat News! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/announcements-suggestions-box/99961-chat-news.html)

administrator 05-29-2013 07:54 AM

Chat News!

Please read the notice at the top of the forums regarding Chat

Minnewaska 05-29-2013 08:47 AM

Re: Chat News!

Damn. :)

Will it stay off this time, if the user turns it off?

administrator 05-31-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 1036885)
Damn. :)

Will it stay off this time, if the user turns it off?

I can't speak for anyone other than myself - but I turned it off...browsed the forum for a while and then 'logged off" to clear my login cookie and then exited the website, came back to sailnet, logged back in and it was still turned off.

Jeff J

Minnewaska 05-31-2013 12:10 PM

Just to be clear, this doesn't ruin my day. However, it never happened that quickly or on a frequency I could attribute to a particular event. I would say it would turn itself back on about every few weeks, possibly more often. I've noticed several other posts to the same affect, so I'm sure its not exclusive to me. I have noticed that I must turn it off on all separate devices, so I'm assuming it is cookie based. I will guess that anti-virus scans were deleting the cookie as suspect.

On the other hand, losing the like feature ruined my day. Thanks for bring that back.

jimgo 06-03-2013 09:26 AM

Jeff, I finally had a chance to log onto Sailnet while on my work laptop and while the "updated" chat feature was enabled, and I did not get a virus report.

Thanks for your efforts on this!

- Jim

FSMike 06-03-2013 09:31 AM

I turned it off yesterday and had to turn it off again today. Oh well.

Brent Swain 06-10-2013 02:45 PM

Chat with people on this site just popped upo coverning a big piece of screen. How do I get rid of it?Tried loging off then back on and it simply reappeared. I cant read posts thru it. It makes the site unusable.

DRFerron 06-10-2013 02:48 PM

Click on the box that says "XX People Here" to expand it. Click the cog and choose "Turn off".

DRFerron 06-11-2013 11:34 AM

If anyone tried to turn off chat as I posted above and it did not work, can you let me know? I may have a work-around but I don't know if it lasts more than a week so I'd need a volunteer. Preferably one who wants chat off permanently.

Thanks.

jimgo 06-11-2013 02:17 PM

Donna, just to give you feedback, I followed your instructions above and it has stayed off for me. I have shut down and rebooted; haven't tried clearing my browser cache yet.

I didn't find it annoying or a distraction, but just wanted to try turning it off.