Marine Forecaster - Your Mobile Weather Station - SailNet Community
Apps & Authors This forum is specifically designed for authors, designers, and members to showcase their wares. These must be sailing related!!!

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 10-28-2015 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

Marine Forecaster - Your Mobile Weather Station

Knowing about weather forecast is really important when you are travelling in yachts or if you are a part of the marine world. Whatever the experience and skills set it is important for ‘professionals’ to have up to date and reliable data about incoming weather conditions, sea state, wind state especially winds registering high on the Beaufort scale as a serious risk to life.
Marineforecaster data is among the best free marine weather forecasting applications, updated every six hours and is global, available in 9 international languages, like English, Greek, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Arabic and Turkish. The app is in use from more than 100000 serious sailing folks, worldwide in 200 countries and with more than 20000 weather calls per day, because people trust Marineforecaster and they do not take uncalculated risks. For them Marineforecaster is a must!
The Marineforecaster weather app is free to the user, and it supplies vital information for 3 days ahead, for every 3 hours. In addition, Marineforecaster provides important data about safe locations; ports and marinas with specifics including information about facilities and shelters, as well as information for suppliers for when you reach the port.
Should sea damage knock out the systems aboard Marineforecaster the global marine weather station app will assist you locate the nearest port, or marina and sail toward to safety, wherever you happen to be; Atlantic, Pacific, or Indian Oceans, Mediterranean and elsewhere.
We request all user to read the instruction in the app to ensure maximum safety and optimum value. Marineforecaster is every sailor’s best friend while on a yacht. So, download Marineforecaster app to get accurate prediction of marine weather and other related parameters related to the marine world. Please do not forget that sensible use and a personal duty of care is important to keep you safe.
SAY HELLO
We are constantly working hard on making the Marineforecaster app better and more useful for you. Please feel free to email us for any queries/suggestions/problems or if you just want to say hello. We would love to hear from you. If you have enjoyed any feature of the Marineforecaster app, do rate us positive on play store. Tell your friends about ensuring marine safety by use of Marineforecaster app.

New Upgrade/Update from 17th Nov 2016 - Android OS
WHAT'S NEW

1. Tides were added in weather forecast main screen "Find Location". A drop down arrow will reveal the new data.
2. A 'Info" button was added
3. A GPS location finder button was added
4. Track down your current position (GPS assistance), save it and navigate back with the new navigation tools that are available in "My Locations". For more info please refer to the "Help" option or check this
5. "Locations" can be exported in CSV format

PS: The navigation option was created to mark in it the fishing places we use for snorkeling, long lines, nets or simply to mark a point that we want to return to again in the future.
The Navigation Application has other uses, such as the possibility, after some disaster of the onboard navigational equipment, you can mark on the map the place where you want to sail by saving it use the navigation option of the application to get there.
Of course, the application does not contain charts to sail in straight line without knowing the waters and without having visual contact with the morphology of the specific region. So it should be used during the hours of the day when you will have enough light. In other cases, an absolute knowledge of the cruising area and shallow is needed.

Last edited by MarineForecaster; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:59 AM. Reason: New Update/Upgrade Nov 2016
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 10-28-2015

Re: Marine Forecaster - Your Mobile Weather Station

Can it be run off of ssb or satphone? If so how big are the downloads?

s/v Hippocampus
Outbound 46
post #3 of 39 Old 10-28-2015 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
Can it be run off of ssb or satphone? If so how big are the downloads?
Thanks for asking. The application works only on Android phones and tablets and later with iOs devices. If you got such an android device,the application "remembers" the last weather forecast of your favorite locations*** and you can see it even if there is no internet connection available. After 6 hours, marineforecaster will automatically renew forecast for your last search, if there is an active connection available to the Internet and will continue to do so every 6 hours until you quit the application.
*** This option works only with favorite locations saved
post #4 of 39 Old 11-22-2015 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

Due to server maintenance from the weather provider, our application Marineforecaster, will not be able to show any data for the next few hours.We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!
post #5 of 39 Old 11-22-2015
islander bahama 24

I checked it out and I will stick with passage weather accurate and out to 7 days

Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to newhaul For This Useful Post:
MarineForecaster (11-22-2015)
post #6 of 39 Old 11-22-2015 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

Everything back to normal again. Thank you for your patience and understanding !
post #7 of 39 Old 11-22-2015 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
I checked it out and I will stick with passage weather accurate and out to 7 days
Thank you for checking Marineforecaster. I appreciate your time to give a review. Just want to say that we could also give a 7 or 15 days forecast but all weather models, and I mean all with no exception, are not able to predict the weather with accurancy for so many days ahead. And since we are dealing with the sea for me this is out of the question. You are mostly welcomed to try our live radar from our site Live Weather | Marine Forecaster- Your Mobile Weather Station
Best Regards,

Andreas Fois
post #8 of 39 Old 11-22-2015
islander bahama 24

I have looked the app over and I like some of the features it has just not perticurlary the weather itself. Is there a way for users to give input to improve/ update the information shown. In my home area there is a yard shown that went out of bussiness and sold giving rise to a new yard at that location
MarineForecaster likes this.

Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 39 Old 11-23-2015 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
I have looked the app over and I like some of the features it has just not perticurlary the weather itself. Is there a way for users to give input to improve/ update the information shown. In my home area there is a yard shown that went out of bussiness and sold giving rise to a new yard at that location
Thanks (again) for your reply. This option will be among others, the major update from April 2016.
post #10 of 39 Old 01-31-2016 Thread Starter
Marineforecaster

iOS Version

Marine Forecaster, the global weather station app is now available on I Pad and iPhone. Accurate and always current. Sail safe, sail secure, sail Marine Forecaster. Caring about sailors and their boats. Download it from this link :
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mari...076226521?mt=8

Tags
app , forecast , waves , weather , wind

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.