SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hose block fitting, RH btw w/pump & thermostat

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NorfolkRagbagger 
#1 · (Edited)
On starting my recently acquired A4 (recently acquired boat with A4,) I saw considerable water coming out of a fitting (see image) on the RH side of the engine. The fitting is a "T" with a hose going to the thermostat and water pump.

I tightened the clamps on the hoses, no fix, then pulled the hoses off, found the problem was the fitting as it went into the block. The fitting is bronze, common, no big deal. Upon removing it, it was noticeably loose in the block, just about fell out due to the corroded insert area, then upon removal the plate that the fitting screws into literally crumbled; I almost sh*t, then noticed the fitting threaded into a plate. Glad it wasn't the block itself.

Corrosion is considerable and needs attention, but does anyone know here I could get the flat plate, about 4" tall, 12" long (wild guess on dimensions).

I hope it's clear what I'm referring to in the images.

This forum is an oracle of information. Thanks for any advise.

Well, scratch the pictures, I've checked sizes, etc, they're way below the size allowances, but I failed in the upload 5 or 6 times. If they will help, I'll find somewhere else to post them.

Got lucky! Posted the images here!: Welcome to your Personal Web Pages!

Thanks again.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Water jacket side plate

Sometimes it's amazing how close you can be to finding something, if only you looked in the logical place! Thanks a million. I'd suspect Moyer Marine and I will be becoming quite familiar. Thanks again, you made my day (and likely the season!)

By the way, the Moyer Marine site is a Godsend. I find the community there for us "old" A4 owners to be outstanding. KUDOS to Mr. Moyer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.