SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Moyer Temp & Oil kit - toruble getting Temp. unit out

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chtaylor 
#1 ·
I am in the process of installing a few moyer marine upgrades for the A4. I am trying to finish the install of the temp. & Oil pressure kit and can't seem to get the temp. sending unit to loosen. Not sure if the PO used locktite of some other sealer but it won't budge. I have tried a pentrating oilwith no luck.

I worry about yanking on it to hard and was considering heating it up to see if that would work. Any reason I shouldn't do this... or tips on how I can get this pesky bolt out?

Thanks

Nigel

#3 ·
Your talking about the sender in the front of the head ?

I had some stuff that i ended having to drill out or you can cut it off flush and collapse it carefully with a chisel and then chase the threads with a pipe tap

Cause i got stuff on my spare block that's been soaking 18 months and i am pretty sure its not gonna come out in the intended manner :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.