SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Beneteau (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/beneteau/)
-   -   Pacific Strictly Sail, piles of B's going to be there! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/beneteau/131370-pacific-strictly-sail-piles-bs-going-there.html)

kellysails 04-01-2014 01:02 PM

Pacific Strictly Sail, piles of B's going to be there!

Out on the dock they are going to have the new
Oceanis 31, 38, 41, 46, 48, and the 55. Holy cow!

If you are in the bay area, this a great show. We fly down from Seattle to attend most years.

kellysails 04-01-2014 01:03 PM

Re: Pacific Strictly Sail, piles of B's going to be there!

Here is the link to the show.

Strictly Sail Pacific

Letrappes 04-02-2014 03:32 PM

I went to the boat show in Kemah, TX last weekend. They had all those plus the First 20 and 25. The new Sense models are huge. Want a fan of the 50 or 55. One of them had a very narrow hallway down the middle if the boat that seemed ridiculous for a boat it's size. I'd all of them the new 38 stood out to me. I liked the different versions you could order and supposedly expand your own boat in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

kellysails 04-02-2014 03:53 PM

IMHO
I find the Sense line very odd. The layouts are just not workable while sailing. I think the boat was meant to be moored off some dock in the South of France, never to see wind in the sails. Maybe it is just ultra European styling, I just don't get it. I don't think even one has been sold on the west coast. No data on that but the Seattle office sent their spec Sense back to South Carolina. Again, IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letrappes (Post 1695290)
I went to the boat show in Kemah, TX last weekend. They had all those plus the First 20 and 25. The new Sense models are huge. Want a fan of the 50 or 55. One of them had a very narrow hallway down the middle if the boat that seemed ridiculous for a boat it's size. I'd all of them the new 38 stood out to me. I liked the different versions you could order and supposedly expand your own boat in the future.

Letrappes 04-02-2014 04:20 PM

Just looking at them from the dock I had no interest. The sales guy talked me into checking them out. Told me he really liked the sail on one of them from Tampa to Kemah.

From the back they look like a catamaran with how wide they are and the cabin setup. It was interesting inside to have the whole view around like a catamaran.

I do agree with you that they seem more geared towards staying at dock full time though when you pay that much for a boat in that price range it's pretty much what you expect anyway.

kellysails 04-02-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letrappes (Post 1695482)
From the back they look like a catamaran with how wide they are and the cabin setup. It was interesting inside to have the whole view around like a catamaran.

You know, I think that is it. They tried to shove the stylings of a catamaran into the confines of a monohull. It sure seems that way to me. Again, that's just my perspective. I am sure there are those out there who love it.

bens4lsu 04-03-2014 04:57 PM

I chartered one a couple of summers ago. It was great. Sails like a monohull but lots of room and very open. That makes her an ugly boat, I'll admit, but very, very nice to sail.

Letrappes 04-04-2014 01:57 PM

The Sense line or just a big Beneteau? The Sense line by Beneteau was new middle of last year or so.

bens4lsu 04-04-2014 03:53 PM

It was a Sense 43. One of the first. Hull number 2 or 3 for that model, I think. It was actually built in 2011. Our Charter was Summer of 2012.