Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Beneteau
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007

maverick26 is on a distinguished road
do you still require info on beneteau first 26?
let me know
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-2007

gwoodcock is on a distinguished road
Benny first 26

I have also been looking for infomation on the First 26 - have found very little available in english. can you suggest any sources?
Old 06-24-2009

flatsguide is on a distinguished road
stepping a mast by hand on a Beneteau First 26

Does anyone have a link to a site or even know if it is possible to step the mast on the 26? It's an older boat, and has notches on the base of the mast.. I'd like to be able to remove the mast for hurricane season. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 08-25-2009

JimfromWillis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwoodcock View Post
I have also been looking for infomation on the First 26 - have found very little available in english. can you suggest any sources?
I have one, in fact it is for sale, as I am getting out of sailing. As far as I know, no one has ever published a manual in English. I have a manual in French, but it's quite sparse, the assumption I presume is the boat is all you need to know? Very French of them... Still I can answer any questions you may have. Jim
Old 08-25-2009

JimfromWillis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatsguide View Post
Does anyone have a link to a site or even know if it is possible to step the mast on the 26? It's an older boat, and has notches on the base of the mast.. I'd like to be able to remove the mast for hurricane season. Thanks in advance for any help!
It's possible to do it manually, I did it with the help of 3 other guys once, but it is very tricky, because, as you note, there is no "pivot point" at the mast base. After the first time I did it, I didn't want to do it again, so hired a guy with a tall fork lift to hold it up by the spreaders while I set the standing rigging.
Old 02-14-2010

SISUMAN is on a distinguished road
Maverick, how did refitting your Beneteau First 26 go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick26 View Post
Do you still require info on beneteau first 26? I own one and am currently refitting again!!!
I am seriously considering an extended cruise along the Central American Pacific Coast with my Beneteau First 26. New standing rigging, new Ullman sails, new headliner, rebuilt Volvo Penta, and new running rig completed.
However, to cross the Panama Isthmus, I am considering tabernacling the mast for truck transport. The savings over the Canal will probably pay for the tabernacle and the truck transport.
Anyone out there tabernacle a Beneteau cruiser/racer? Also, anyone truck transport across the Panama Isthmus? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2010

the cost of crossing the Panama Isthmus by truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SISUMAN View Post
I am seriously considering an extended cruise along the Central American Pacific Coast with my Beneteau First 26. New standing rigging, new Ullman sails, new headliner, rebuilt Volvo Penta, and new running rig completed.
However, to cross the Panama Isthmus, I am considering tabernacling the mast for truck transport. The savings over the Canal will probably pay for the tabernacle and the truck transport.
Anyone out there tabernacle a Beneteau cruiser/racer? Also, anyone truck transport across the Panama Isthmus? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I found a post on Noonsite.com about truck transport. Boy, was I wrong about saving money. Seems like the alternative of truck transport across the Isthmus saves time but costs even more. Anyone else have some insight to this matter? This my second post, so I'll post the link in the third post....
Old 02-14-2010

here is the link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SISUMAN View Post
I found a post on Noonsite.com about truck transport. Boy, was I wrong about saving money. Seems like the alternative of truck transport across the Isthmus saves time but costs even more. Anyone else have some insight to this matter? This my second post, so I'll post the link in the third post....
http://www.noonsite.com/Members/doin...8-05-01-1/view
Old 09-06-2010

ecgossett is on a distinguished road
No Mast

Does anybody have specifications on mast. I'm looking at a First 26 missing the mast.. Considering a Cal 26 mast to replace with... Again not sure on specs or anything else.

Any decent reviews anywhere or blogs on upgrades for this boat that are in English?

I don't speak french so it makes reading the parts manual very hard.

V/R, Edward
Old 09-14-2010

sansegot is on a distinguished road
Perfect boat for sailing fun. I have one of my own, like i sad it is a perfect boat.