Replacing water heater in Beneteau 47.7 - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By olson34

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-13-2017 Thread Starter

Replacing water heater in Beneteau 47.7

Hi,
I need to replace the 11gal water heater in a 2001 Beneteau First 47.7 . It's located directly under the aft longitudinal bulkhead that divides the two aft berths. I've looked at every obvious option and can't see how to remove it other than cutting the bulkhead. Anyone with any experience on this?
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-13-2017

Re: Replacing water heater in Beneteau 47.7

I would try asking the builder since they are still in business.
Jeff_H likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-14-2017

I don't know the 47.7 so I was trying to visualize your problem when I came across someone with the same issue on a 473. I know they are quite different boats but both built by the same company around the same time so just maybe this will help.

https://forums.sailboatowners.com/in...cement.107512/

"...for anyone that needs to do the same here is what we did and (more or less) worked. Removed the wooden bracing bar in the stbd aft cabin, released screws (both port & stbd) from cross wooden bulkhead that is aft of engine and infront of water heater and removed (tricky). Removed side wooden panel between water tank and water heater. Disconnected water heater electrics and then hoses (including heat exchange hoses from engine. (lots of water so have plugs handy). Unscrewed water heater. Then you have to juggle the unit around - we had to leverage the wooden panels that seperate the aft berths (flex them until you can squeeze the tank out). Replacement is basically the reverse of this. Word of caution - the spigot that provides water to the shaft seal is very fragile and can easily be broken off - so beware. Good luck to anyone else doing this."

"The great thing about the internet is that you can quote anyone and no one will bother to check the source" - Aristotle

post #4 of 5 Old 04-16-2017

They also made a lot of boats so someone will have done it
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2017

I have had to deal with Beneteau's customer support in South Carolina on a number of occasions and they have been fantastic. This is the kind of thing that they should be able to help you with.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.