SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Buyers & Sellers Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-buyers-sellers-forum/)
-   -   An example of buying a boat that someone else has fixed up - nice value boat! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-buyers-sellers-forum/54789-example-buying-boat-someone-else-has-fixed-up-nice-value-boat.html)

Northeaster 05-29-2009 08:38 PM

An example of buying a boat that someone else has fixed up - nice value boat!

1st off, I have no affiliation with this boat. Just came across her, while looking at Paceship sailboats, as they were built here in Nova Scotia.

Of course there could be hidden things wrong with her, but judging from the pictures, cleanliness, neatness of the new wiringm, etc, this looks like a nice value starter cruiser / seaworthy boat for someone!

View Boat Photos - YachtWorld.com

CharlieCobra 05-30-2009 10:33 AM

Nice looking little boat.

sailingmum 05-30-2009 11:31 AM

More info wanted

Has anyone sailed this model Paceship or other Paceships? or know anything about it ? I did google search and didn't find much. Thanks.

Andyman 05-30-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra (Post 490801)
Nice looking little boat.

Yep...it is nice. Kinda reminds me of a VW Camper bus.

Andy

fendertweed 05-30-2009 04:23 PM

sweet looking boat ... temptingly close to me but not gonna go there, LOL.

Northeaster 05-30-2009 08:41 PM

not sure how google didn't find much!

Acadian Yawl 30 Section

Paceship History

I may be a bit of a homer, but around here, they are still well respected boats, thought to have been well built and seaworthy.
There are still plenty of them sailing around here, most of them 20 - 30 years old.

Since I choose to buy a 30' fixer upper, have sank twice the price of the one above, and alot of hard work, I think someone will appreciate buying one with most of the work / expenses already done. (providing the boats surveys well - no really wet decks, etc.)

Sailormann 05-30-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Has anyone sailed this model Paceship or other Paceships?
Have not sailed on that class of boat but I did own a smaller Paceship - Mouette daysailer - a long time ago. Very strong boat - we sailed her hard and she never let us down. Sailed on a friend's Westwind (24') a few times. Nice cruiser. Good quality boats with solid reputations. AMF got involved towards the end of the company's run. Quality was very spotty on those boats.

Enformation 06-01-2009 06:32 PM

Wow!

I'm in the market for a boat and that's a great find! I'm amazed at the quality for the price. This has me tempted to hop on an Amtrak due south from NYC to check it out. :)

Northeaster 06-02-2009 10:21 PM

I can say, after buying a fixer upper, for 10,000US, then adding $2K duty/taxes to get it home, + $2K for a boat hauler, then built trailer for $3500, and spent 2 winters, several K, and countless hours reoing mny things - I would appreciate buying a boat that looks as if it has been maintained in top condition - at a greta price to boot!! Just look at the pic of the new wiring!! This person did nice work! I doubt that they left things unfixed, such as soft decks, etc.

soulfinger 06-06-2009 05:42 PM

What a great looking, ready to go boat. Just the new engine in it alone is worth a good chunk of the asking price. Look at all those nice cabinets! And it even has A/C. It would be a perfect boat for a couple. I'd never fit into it cause I'm so darn tall.