Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Boat Buyers & Sellers Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
MacGregor 26' "S" For Sale, in Yonkers, NY

Mid 1990s model 26 "S" MacGregor sailboat for sale. This is not the MacGregor model that can take a 50 HP motor and is a better sailor then the newer models that can take up to a 10 HP motor. I have seen this boat hit speeds over 6 knots under sail with a GPS and I have also sailed this boat on the Atlantic ocean on a calm day.

The boat comes with an 8 HP Evinrude 2 stroke motor and trailer and is ready to be sailed or taken away by trailer.

I have sailed on this boat and I like it for the niche it satisfies and I have helped to rig it in the past. Since it is water ballasted it is fairly light on a trailer and can be pulled by a Jeep. It also has lots of space down below and can sleep 6 adults if you don't mind not being able to stand up.
The boat, sails and trailer are all in good condition but the trailer needs some wiring done for the lights.
The asking price is now at $6500. Serious offers within 20% of the asking price will likely be entertained.
Prefer local buyer.
This is NOT MY BOAT but belongs to a friend who spends too much time at sea aboard big ships to enjoy it. I will post some pictures soon but I'll also answer any serious inquires through PM.
Disclaimer: I stand to make nothing if I finding a buyer. I'm only trying to help a friend find a prospective buyer for a boat he does not use much.

A link to the specs of the M26 S: http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=85

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CalebD; 06-03-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: more
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2012

captain@ is on a distinguished road
Re: MacGregor 26' "S" For Sale, in Yonkers, NY

Caleb,
Ask you friend whether he'd consider donating his boat and trailer to Sea-Legs, Inc. Sea-Legs

I'm CEO and Founder of this not-for-profit entity. We provide on-the-water maritime experience and education to underpriviledged kids. And we've been at it since 1998.

Recently we were donated 5000 square feet of industrial space for our Apprentice Program, teaching our advanced sailors how to restore boats.

Boat donations serve us well because we actually use them with kids in our programs. Donors may claim Fair Market Value as the amount of their tax-deductible gift.
And it's a good cause.
Richard Lathrop
Sea-Legs
Welcome to Virtual Voyages!
(860) 912-5393
Old 06-30-2012
Tartan 27' owner

Pictures of this Mac 26 S are here: Album 0 « Gallery 5 « Photo Gallery | Odalisque

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-17-2012

mcrae5181 is on a distinguished road

Are you willing to trade for a 2004 kawasaki n800 drifter ? 9000 miles.. great shape
Its a limited run tribute bike of the 1940s indian chief ,, Worth $5500 all day. Give me an email if u are interested and ill send you some pics... clear title in hand and ill deliver..I live in CT so yonkers isnt far..
mtmcrae693@aol.com
Old 08-18-2012

sorry,,,, the bike is a kawasaki vn800drifter...
Old 08-18-2012
Tartan 27' owner

No trade for 1940's Indian Chief replica. Sorry.
Cash only. Money talks, BS walks...

Everybody has one:

Old 08-18-2012
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrae5181 View Post
Are you willing to trade for a 2004 kawasaki n800 drifter ? 9000 miles.. great shape
Its a limited run tribute bike of the 1940s indian chief ,, Worth $5500 all day. Give me an email if u are interested and ill send you some pics... clear title in hand and ill deliver..I live in CT so yonkers isnt far..
mtmcrae693@aol.com
2004 Kawasaki VN800E4 VULCAN DRIFTER - 805cc Standard Equipment, 2004 Kawasaki VN800E4 VULCAN DRIFTER - 805cc Price & Specs | NADAguides
Old 08-18-2012

in never looked on nada .. i just googled vn800 for sale and all the ones i saw were $5000 plus and most had 20,000 plus miles , mine has 9000 , but hay cant hurt to ask ... so i guess ill get to stepping,, good luck with your sale,, it should go quick to someone whos never saled like me ,,
Old 08-19-2012

swampcreek is on a distinguished road

Our beloved Nauti Time just left for NJ yesterday. I really wasn't overjoyed about selling her but we need a bigger boat.

We had our best and most serious responses listing it on "Sailboatlistings.com", it wasn't all the BS we were getting off craigslist. It was more like 1 or 2 SERIOUS inquiries a week, not the usual "Hi, I am inerested in item and will pay more pesos than asking price if you give me all your financial onformation".

We took a bit of a hit on the price, I bought it for $7500 3 years ago, put a grand or more more into it on accessories and a new lower unit for the Nissan 8. With all the enjoyment and education we got out of it I guess the sold price of $6,250 wasn't terribly bad. I truley believe if we held out long enough we could have received the original asking price of $7,500 or even $7,000 but we are ready to move up. We understand the suck economy and we wanted to sell before getting another boat so I gritted my teeth and let her go. If a boat (Like a house) sits too long it's the wrong price, plain and simple...I need to keep that thought in MY head while we shop for our next boat.

BTW the buyer was VERY happy with the condition of the boat, my input, suggestions, instructions and the way I prepped it for travel. I even power washed the botton and gave her one last soapy bath...I miss her already.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.

Last edited by swampcreek; 08-19-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: More content
Old 08-19-2012
Banned

ParadiseParrot is on a distinguished road

3 years of boat use and your crying over a couple grand? Really?
Optimism is a refreshing state....time for some rum