SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Buyers & Sellers Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-buyers-sellers-forum/)
-   -   My thread on for sale 26' Mac went missing? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-buyers-sellers-forum/89986-my-thread-sale-26-mac-went-missing.html)

swampcreek 07-21-2012 06:13 PM

My thread on for sale 26' Mac went missing?

Not a terribly big deal but I am curious, I posted a thread selling my 26S Macgregor and it disappeared. Any suggestions to what might have happened?

Anyway here is a link to the ad on ebay...

Macgregor 26S trailer sailor in Sailboats | eBay Motors

UncleJim 07-21-2012 07:11 PM

Re: My thread on for sale 26' Mac went missing?

Don't know about your last post but good luck on a bigger boat. Clarissa and I still have biggerboattitis and are still looking. going out to look at a H34 tomorrow.

Jim

tdw 07-21-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampcreek (Post 899516)
Not a terribly big deal but I am curious, I posted a thread selling my 26S Macgregor and it disappeared. Any suggestions to what might have happened?

Anyway here is a link to the ad on ebay...

Macgregor 26S trailer sailor in Sailboats | eBay Motors

Looking back I don't see any deleted posts or threads under your name so I'm thinking it took a trip into the Bermuda Triangle.

Now while there is a rule banning boat for sale ads members with 50 + posts and/or twelve months membership are exempt.

CalebD 07-21-2012 10:56 PM

I don't know where your thread went either but the one I posted about my friends Mac 26 "S" is still there from 3 weeks ago on the "Boat Buyers and Sellers Forum". That would be the place to post a 'FS' ad.

swampcreek 07-22-2012 12:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebD (Post 899569)
I don't know where your thread went either but the one I posted about my friends Mac 26 "S" is still there from 3 weeks ago on the "Boat Buyers and Sellers Forum". That would be the place to post a 'FS' ad.

I seen your ad mine was a few above it due to it being a newer post and then it was just gone. Like I stated it's no big deal, I have it slathered everywhere.

We have plans to look at a Catalina 310 this week and tomorrow we're going to look at an "unknown", it's a boat that is the deceased father's of a friend of my brother-in-law. I saw some not so great taken texted pictures and all I know it's big (38' maybe?) and green. We'll see, it doesn't have a walk through transom that we really want but it's worth a look since it's close by....I just forwarded the pictures mentioned to my computor to post here, it has a mizzen mast! I didn't notice that on my cell phone. Can anyone ID this boat?

CalebD 07-22-2012 02:14 AM

It is a Yawl as the mizzen is aft the steering post.
On a Ketch the mizzen is before the steering post, or rudder.

tdw 07-22-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampcreek (Post 899589)
I seen your ad mine was a few above it due to it being a newer post and then it was just gone. Like I stated it's no big deal, I have it slathered everywhere.

Repost it. You've not broken any rules and are perfectly within your rights to do so.

swampcreek 07-23-2012 06:59 PM

Well we looked at that other boat...Now I'm a little confused but I believe we'll probably stick with looking at newer smaller boats...But I do find that Wright Yachts XL-42 very distracting.

Read Wright Yachts (Allied) XL-42 on the Boat Review & Purchase forum.

I'll also repost my boat here. Only had a couple nibbles and a tire kicker, quess I'll lower the price too.

mdbee 07-23-2012 11:55 PM

Swamp - Is that hatch in the aft berth for ventilation? I have heard of one mounted for an AC exhaust vent.

I thought the aft rail was standard on our models. I guess it was optional?

I guess you put an ad on Sailing Texas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampcreek (Post 900223)
Well we looked at that other boat...Now I'm a little confused but I believe we'll probably stick with looking at newer smaller boats...But I do find that Wright Yachts XL-42 very distracting.

Read Wright Yachts (Allied) XL-42 on the Boat Review & Purchase forum.

I'll also repost my boat here. Only had a couple nibbles and a tire kicker, quess I'll lower the price too.

swampcreek 07-24-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbee (Post 900365)
Swamp - Is that hatch in the aft berth for ventilation? I have heard of one mounted for an AC exhaust vent.

I thought the aft rail was standard on our models. I guess it was optional?

I guess you put an ad on Sailing Texas?

Yes, I installed an opening portlight for ventalation in the aft berth, also there is a 12VDC computer fan mounted on the side of the engise well under a big SS clamshell, this pushes much more CFM then those solar operated Nicro vents and cost under $20 to replace the fan.

My boat didn't come with an aft rail.

Not on sailing Texas...yet.