Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Boat Buyers & Sellers Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road
Re: 1979 C&C 24, Tangerine

I've also read that the 29 is more tender than the 30. You can see it in the ballast/displacement ratio too. My wife also prefers less heel, so I was trying to make the same decision that you are. I will say that our Pearson 28-2 is not a low heel boat, but it is so much nicer in waves than the Catalina 25 that my wife feels confident on it even when we have the rail in the water. I think what really matters to her is how stiff the boat is once heeled, not how much initial heel it may have.

A boat that is somewhat common around here (and there is a nice one listed for sale in Seattle) is the Yankee 30. That boat is quite fast but has a high displacement and a lot of weight on the keel that makes it handle very nice in rougher seas and have limited heel:
YANKEE 30 MKI sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

A friend has one and it's really a great boat. Very well balanced, nice manners, stout, and well built. The Tartan 30 is basically the same boat (both are S&S designs) and also isn't uncommon.

I didn't find the lazarettes on the C&C 30 to be all that huge. The Islander 30 (another easy to find boat) had more useful lazarette layout in my mind (I liked the wide one across the back of the cockpit) and a quarterberth. I wanted to like the C&C 30, but the layout really didn't work for us.
Old 03-10-2013

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road

Do you have a link to the one in Seattle? Couldn't find it in the usual places.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2013
always busy with sailing

It looks like it has scrolled off of Craigslist, but there are details here:
Yankee 30 Owners Association Forum • View topic - Winterhawk, Seattle WA

I don't remember the current asking price, maybe around $16k? I believe it is still for sale (the seller is a friend of a friend).
Old 03-12-2013
always busy with sailing

He reposted it with a new lower price ($14.5k):
Price Reduction, 30 foot Sloop
Old 03-20-2013

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road

Nice boat, still considering options, all of them contingent on Tangerine selling, and frankly with so many unloved boats going so cheaply at the moment I'm not sure she will unless I basically give her away. When you can buy a 25 or 27ft boat for less, even though it needs a ton of work doing, people rarely see past that.
We'll see, and if she doesn't sell, I'll just keep her and the Admiral/puppy will just have to live with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Best of luck with the sale. Keep in mind that you may wait for a stronger market to find the right buyer, but when yours goes up, the more expensive boat you want may go up more.

Tangerine is a beauty, but will require someone to want an out of mainstream color. I think it looks great. The best analogy is an in-ground swimming pool. To some buyers, they will pay more for the house. To others, they abhor the thought of maintaining a pool and won't even bid on the house. You will have to find the right buyer, which can take time. Time where you may end up paying more for what you want next. Or, you may not. That's the gamble.

Good luck.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 03-20-2013
always busy with sailing

I think the orange gelcoat is awesome. Smart buyers are out there and one of them will come along and understand that a fixed up boat is worth more than a project. My Catalina 25 was sold to a friend who was sick of only seeing projects on CL and who wanted a sailboat, but didn't want to do a lot of work on it and just wanted to sail it.
Old 03-20-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

Paul, I'm actively searching all the local sites & sources for my next boat (bigger than yours I'm afraid) and I've only seen your boat listed on the "usedvictoria" site.

I'd strongly recommend you post it on Vancouver Craigslist and Kijiji as well - those are the biggest sites around here.

Also, don't sweat the tangerine colour - it only limits you to those buyers with style & taste. (I was looking at an orange & yellow Morgan 33T yesterday )

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 03-20-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

I love the Orange! as I said in another post if I were buying new I don't think I would have had the guts to get it, but in a used one, it is cool. Put her on sailing Texas and Sailboat listings as well if you have not yet. They both generate a lot of traffic.
Old 03-20-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

I like the orange too. Unfortunately, none of us are making offers.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.