Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Boat Buyers & Sellers Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
Re: 1979 C&C 24, Tangerine

She's on Craigslist in Victoria and Vancouver. I can't seem to upload anything to Kijiji, their site won't find most of my photos, and won't let me upload the ones it can find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2013

I think I've ruled out the C&C 30 over in Vancouver, just needs too much work doing to bring her to a standard I would be happy with, by which time I'd probably be into it for $25k, for that money I can get a nice one with it all done already and just go sailing.
Oh well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

What are the big ticket items it needs - dodger & furling - what else?

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 03-23-2013

Entire interior, stove, heating, water system (assuming you want hot water), head/holding tank, all cushions, all electronics, probable mast step repair (the bilge was full to the brim, so she also needs a working bilge pump). She's basically stripped bare inside. All woodwork inside really needs doing as well, the handrails are shot.
That assumes the motor/box/shaft/prop etc is good and that there are no horrors under the water, but it's a raw water cooled Atomic and they don't last forever.
Great boat if you want a stripped down racer, or want to spend a couple of years pouring money into her.
Shame really, I think she's basically got good bones, but at $6k I think she'd be expensive.

Old 03-23-2013
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria View Post
Entire interior, stove, heating, water system (assuming you want hot water), head/holding tank, all cushions, all electronics, probable mast step repair (the bilge was full to the brim, so she also needs a working bilge pump). She's basically stripped bare inside. All woodwork inside really needs doing as well, the handrails are shot.
That assumes the motor/box/shaft/prop etc is good and that there are no horrors under the water, but it's a raw water cooled Atomic and they don't last forever.
Great boat if you want a stripped down racer, or want to spend a couple of years pouring money into her.
Shame really, I think she's basically got good bones, but at $6k I think she'd be expensive.
Yowza! Sure looks better than that from the dock.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 03-23-2013

Yeah, I really wanted the numbers to work, but I just couldn't get there. Going to look at a couple of (hopefully better equipped) 30s today. They'd involve going down the loan route, not really sure if I want to go there, but you do get a much nicer boat. Yeah, all the gear might still need replacing, but that's the risk you take I guess.

Old 03-24-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road

A $4000 Yankee 30 showed up in Seattle yesterday:
Yankee 30 Sailboat for Sale

It sounds like it was likely in good shape before being ignored for the last few years.

It's a good thing moorage is expensive and my time is limited, or I'd probably be off standing next to it today with cash. I love sailing them, and if this one was really rigged for offshore sailing then it is probably pretty well stocked.
Old 03-24-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post

It sounds like it was likely in good shape before being ignored for the last few years.

It's a good thing moorage is expensive and my time is limited, or I'd probably be off standing next to it today with cash. I love sailing them, and if this one was really rigged for offshore sailing then it is probably pretty well stocked.
That's a buyer beware ad, if I've ever seen one.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 03-24-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road

It's a buyer go in with open eyes ad if I've ever seen one. It sounds like a potentially good boat that was ignored for the last 5 years. That could make it a total wreck, or it could be a great deal on a boat that only needs a scrubbing and bottom paint.

If the boat was really outfitted for offshore sailing around 5 years ago chances are that it is still in good but very dirty shape now. If it was more like 15 years ago and hasn't been touched since then it is probably a total mess. An hour or two pre-survey would probably make it easy enough to figure that out. I'd give it 50/50 on someone getting a very nice deal vs someone buying a wreck.
Old 03-24-2013
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post

Does anyone else get the feeling that her husband doesn't actually know she's selling it?