Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Boat Buyers & Sellers Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
1979 C&C 24, Tangerine

So with great sadness I am putting my baby up for sale. She's a 1979 C&C24 in really nice condition. She sails fantastically, fast, fun, responsive and yet she has very good manners and is very forgiving.
In the time I've been her keeper I have learnt so much from her, and in payment for her services I have looked after her well.

In no particular order she's had the following in the past couple of years:

All new running rigging, halyards, sheets, cunningham, vang, downhaul and lazyjacks.
Brand new interior, foam, fabric, curtains etc, we did this last year then got a puppy so it's never been used, and it's all stored in my spare bedroom over winter so it is still as-new
New electronics including a TackTick Sailmaster with new speed and depth transducers, Garmin 72h wired into the VHF for DSC
Professionally polished back to her former orange glory (I absolutely love the colour and she gets so many compliments)
And probably a ton of other things that I forget, or have conveniently hidden purchases from the Admiral.

She's also got:
Good sails
Good motor, an older 7.5hp Honda 4-stroke twin, always serviced regularly (done in September), runs like a top
Stove, galley with electric pressurised water, BBQ

This is the later layout in the interior, the head is up under the v-berth which means you get a much more usable galley and tons more storage, proper sized icebox etc.

She was hauled in September and I scraped and sanded all the old bottom paint off then repainted with 2 coats of antifouling all-over, plus two extra coats on the bow, fin and rudder.
All through-hulls, seacocks etc were checked.

Basically she is a great boat for cruising or just having a blast on a day-sail, she is ready to be used.
Only reason I am selling? Baby puppy is now getting on for 90lbs and he leaves nowhere for us to sleep, plus the Admiral wants more, well, you know the story I'm sure. I am on the lookout for a C&C30

I'm listing her at $7495 which I think reflects her sail-away condition, there are no other comparable models at this price in this part of the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PaulinVictoria; 03-08-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: echo...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: 1979 C&C 24, Tangerine

Dog included?

That was a quick onset of of footitis!

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 03-08-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Love the tangerine doggy vest
Good luck!
Old 03-08-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Ahh a bittersweet day. She is a beauty and will sell quickly. You have taken care of her well and imoproved her. Rare to see a 24 ft boat outfitted so well.

The real truth is the hound may have outgrown her

Hope the 30 close to you works out, we want to keep you in the C&C family

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 03-08-2013

Well I've had her 3 years and she was always a starter boat. If she doesn't sell fairly quickly I will just hang onto her as she has plenty of life left in her. I am currently arguing with the Admiral, Tangerine has plenty of room if I go away by myself
I do have another boat I am quite interested in, but I am not even going to put an offer in without selling Tangerine first, I refuse to be one of those "bought new boat, will sell old one at any price" types.
Faster likes this.

Old 03-08-2013

Quote:
Dog included?
Negotiable, as is the Admiral
Faster likes this.

Old 03-08-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road

You might look for a C&C 29 vs the 30. The 30 has no quarterberths, so the 29 (especially the 29-1, which is also beamier) actually has a larger interior than the 30.

alex (not a C&C owner, but I almost was before finding my Pearson)
Old 03-08-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria View Post
Negotiable, as is the Admiral
Where's a pic of the Admiral??

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 03-08-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

Did you check out the donations at Harbour Yachts? If so, what did you think? I noticed Mr. Duck has been sold.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken, opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Old 03-08-2013

Yep, I went in there earlier in the week to have a look about. Mr. Duck has indeed been sold, nice little boat with a bit of tidying up, even had beers in the lockers which is what I call a well equipped vessel.
The 30' they have looked OK, basically stripped bare, needs a lot of work, probably at least $10k spending on parts alone, but the bones seem fairly solid. Let's just say that if I can get Tangerine sold fairly quickly (without giving her away), I might be in a position to consider putting an offer in

Alex, the 29 from what I can tell is a much more tender boat than the 30, and getting heeling to an absolute minimum is one of the requirements from Boat No. 2. There are a few of them around though, I know of one getting listed pretty soon that looks to be pretty decent so I am not discounting anything at the moment. The advantage of the 30 having no quarter berth means that all the crap that would normally get stored on them can get stored in the huge lazarettes instead.