Not a Member? 

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
I had the pleasure of looking at a couple boats with Julie last weekend. I can assure you guys that whatever boat Julie gets will be the the best for the money. She is methodical, observant and has made herself very knowledgeable.

I know we all worry about new people but Julie can take care of herself.

That is unless she falls in love with a boat and turns off her brain and buys the boat she loves. Which I suspect is what happens eventually to all of us.
Thanks David. We had a great time meeting you and your wife. You provided us with a lot of helpful information and gave me a lot to think about.

BTW - Great pick on the lunch restaurant!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
Thanks David. We had a great time meeting you and your wife. You provided us with a lot of helpful information and gave me a lot to think about.

BTW - Great pick on the lunch restaurant!
Cool. Sounds like progress. There are as much if not more boats down in this area too if you run out of options. Tartans are great well made boats. Good luck.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 08-18-2013

We were there Dave. Our first boat was in Georgetown, MD, then a couple in Annapolis and one on Kent Island. Before we headed to NJ, we got together with Jaye & Dan at their yacht club for some pizza, cocktails and lots of talk. Fun time. They're great!
T37Chef likes this.
Old 08-18-2013

davidpm is on a distinguished road

Julie
I'm sure you thought of this already but just in case you may want to check on that early boat on deposit you liked.
It is not uncommon for a boat to go on deposit and then something happen so the closing doesn't happen.

Just a thought.
Old 08-19-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Did you look at the Erickson on Kent. I have a friend intestestd in it. Was it worth seeing

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Did you look at the Erickson on Kent. I have a friend intestestd in it. Was it worth seeing
It was our third boat and the one I really wanted to see. The listing did the boat justice. It sold a day or two after we saw it. There was another similarly priced E38-200 in Severna Park that has been removed from the listings. PM me if you want to know the details.

The next best E38-200 was the 1990 one in Jersey City. Great condition, well cared for, well equipped. Listed at $69K. The best overall condition (by a small margin) was the PSC built '91 E38-200 in Noank, CT but it's listed at $99,495. We heard many times the PSC built Ericsons are not Pacific Seacraft build quality, but the same build quality as Ericson with a little better electrical & plumbing installations. They even sold for about the same as earlier Ericsons but owners think they are worth much more.

For older boats in great condition we both thought the '83 Tartan 37C in Noank was tops. The owner gave us a tour and you could tell he loves this boat. He's moving up to a Hylas or similar.
Old 08-26-2013
dawnssong4u

dawnssong4u is on a distinguished road
Question Re: What Is A Boat Really Worth?

Yes.. I'm a Newbie here..
I totally agree anything everything comes down to
"it's worth what someone will pay you for it!"
don't care what it is it's yours till u sell it..

what I would really like .. and maybe wishful thinking..
(Hopefully with any/all having basic common sense knowledge of brokers, private sales, importance of a survey and reputation of said surveyor/s)
is a forum, thread ?? Dedicated to Sailnet members who wish to share their own purchasing/price paid, experience selling price offered at/sold for..
Per; 1. Boat; maker/manufacturers, designers.
2. Broken down in sub columns/sections per boat length.

More of a community working together as a whole.. and in the current market, trend/s etc.. I'm sure location specifics will vary..
But, it would be great to know a lot of this information from fellow Sailnet members personal experience.

Is that a totally unrealistic idea? Please anyone with experience exceeding lol, especially mine.. with the forums/boards.. buying/selling.. suggest.. and or Create a place where something like this.. where compilation of actual pertinent data relative to buying specifically used sailboats.. (only bc I think there is enough info available always one new sailboats) could be easily found, read, added to.. just a thought..
Hopefully you and or you.. maybe even you..?? will share yours too!
Thank you for a place to ask!
All my best, always, dawnssong4u
Old 08-26-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

What?

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 08-27-2013

mstern is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
What?
I think Dawn was asking if it would be possible for Sailnetters to create a price/condition/area database of boats we all sell and buy; sort of a real world BUC.
davidpm likes this.
Old 08-27-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

Of course the pricing information would only have real meaning if it were extensively documented with photographs and descriptions and inventories and surveys and local market conditions. Much like the existing pricing information elsewhere, just the "facts" and dollars wouldn't help anything. "I got lucky and found a bargain after three years" doesn't reflect a larger market, does it?