Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004

DanBarry is on a distinguished road
Island Packet 370- Genset and Air Conditiong

Hi all,
My name is Dan and I am looking to buy a brand new Island Packet 370. I contacted Island Packet to see if they offered factory installed Air Conditioning and a factory installed Genset. They responded and told me that they do not offer it, but many people have installed these options as a dealer/owner install. Now the question is, how quiet will these two options be? The air conditioning on my Beneteau 361 is very obnoxious. I want to barely know it is on (the same goes for the generator). Also, does anyone know how loud the engine is at cruising speeds throughout the cabin and in the cockpit?
Sincerely,
Daniel Barry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2004

conchcruzer is on a distinguished road

I know that the East Coast dealers, for example Gratitude, will handle the installation of the generator and A/C if you want. They work with top local yards and installers. The work I''ve seen on the boats is very professional.

I am also surprised that the factory will not handle these installations.

I can''t speak about the sound levels in the IP while under power or with the A/C running. I would say it''s more than likely going to be quieter than in the Beneteau. Only you can decide how quiet is quiet enough.

Many of the IP''s get Fisher-Panda generators installed, either 4 or 6 kW in that size. A 4kW unit should be just about right for a 370. Fisher-Panda has a mixed reputation--great when they''re running, very quiet too (because they''re often not running and crapped out for one reason or another).

Cruisair I think is the most popular A/C unit.

Good luck with your new 370. Looks like a great boat.

-ConchCruzer
Old 08-18-2004

DanBarry is on a distinguished road

Conchcruzer- are there any other kinds of generators that are more reliable than the Fisher-Panda? It will be very tough to repair if it is in a secluded place. Thanks for your great advice!
Danny
Old 04-21-2007

JAMU is on a distinguished road
Headingsouth - Do you already have a watermaker and genset on your Leopard 43? I will be refitting my Leopard 42 (M4200) with both when she comes out of charter and would appreciate any info. on your installation and experience. I'm leaning toward the Spectra Newport MKII WM and the Onan Marine QD Gen. - Joe Donnaway - JAMU, Belize

Old 04-21-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Jamu-

YOu do realize that the post you're responding to is almost three years old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.