SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Le Guen Hemidy 30

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  donjuanluis 
#1 ·
I'm looking forward to buy a sailing boat, mi frist one, so I'm up to some easy going vessel. I don't have too much options in the country I live, and my budget is around 50k. I'm seeing a Le Guen Hemidy 30 in our local broker, year 1974, aluminun hull. I need some advice about it, first time I see this kind of boat.
I'm planning to do coastal sailing at the beggining, and once I get self confidence, goin a bit farther. Hope you people can help me on this one.

Regards.

DJL

#4 ·
Juan, that looks like a nice little boat. It might be a good idea to get someone who knows aluminium boats to go over it thoroughly before you close any deal.

I noticed from the broker ad the boat has a French flag. Are you going to have trouble keeping this boat in Uruguay? I don't know how the laws work in Uruguay, but if it were Brazil, you'd have to take the boat out of Brazilian waters every year, which is a bit of a problem. This is why no one buys foreign-flagged boats here. If it's easy to nationalize a boat in Uruguay then I would suggest shopping in Argentina for a boat. There are many more boats for sale there and there are some good deals. Argentina has some very well made boats.

#5 · (Edited)
Juan, that looks like a nice little boat. It might be a good idea to get someone who knows aluminium boats to go over it thoroughly before you close any deal.

I noticed from the broker ad the boat has a French flag. Are you going to have trouble keeping this boat in Uruguay? I don't know how the laws work in Uruguay, but if it were Brazil, you'd have to take the boat out of Brazilian waters every year, which is a bit of a problem. This is why no one buys foreign-flagged boats here. If it's easy to nationalize a boat in Uruguay then I would suggest shopping in Argentina for a boat. There are many more boats for sale there and there are some good deals. Argentina has some very well made boats.
Thanks a lot Copacabana. In Uruguay, for now, there are no constraints about foreign boats for the time staying, the only issue as far as I know is after 9 months without leaving national waters, you will have to pay taxes, but it is avoided if you make a weekend trip to Argentina. In fact, if you look the other deals of the broker, most of the offers are foreing boats. I'have some concerns about the quality and handle of the referred boat.
have fun, and if is too much fun don't forget to invite me!!!
cheers!

#6 · (Edited)
Here goes an update. I think I could buy a boat almost anywhere in Europe, because I have Italian citizenship. But in that instance I will have to move the boat to the place I live now. My plan is to have a sailing boat near by, with capabilities of ocean cruising. I may sound crazy, but is only a way of being.
have fun!

#9 ·
Donjuan:
That is NOT the same boat as the one in the previous listing photos.
I'm pretty certain of that. The first boat shows a distinct chine in the hull. The second boat shopws no chine and does show a better build quality.

Be very careful with that first boat. I have a funny feeling it may not be what it is being advertised as. That happens from time to time. There are a lot of "Perry" boats out there that I had nothing to do with.

Are you talking about $50,000 USD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.