Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013

sail73fl is on a distinguished road
1975 Morgan 33 out island What is it worth??

Looking at a morgan 33 out island in overall good condition repowered with vw diesel engine (pathfinder). Boat is in florida they are asking around 24000 Im thinking Id pay10-12k...am I right?????
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2013

sailormanbigd is on a distinguished road
Re: 1975 Morgan 33 out island What is it worth??

I have a 1974 oi33 that I got for free. The boat sank at the dock and needed all interior replaced-still in the works. The boat is big for 33ft and heavy/solid. The price of 24k is in the ball park of what they were asking 5 years ago when I got the boat. Actually from 19k-32k for what I saw listed back then. Allot depends on the condition of the boat and all its big ticket items,ie engine model and condition, sail inventory and condition, hull and bottom condition, dodger/bimini. and all electrical/electronics. The boat is a solid foundation and is worth what someone is willing to pay. A marine survey is warranted if you get serious. DO a google search to see what others are asking for their boats, and what condition they are in. This is a hard time for boat sales, so you can certainly make an offer and see what happens. My boats PO was asking 3k, but was talking about what all the parts were worth if parted out. I told him I would take it off his hands for free and he accepted. I pumped out all the water, patched some hole cleaned the inside, attached and outboard and bracket and sailed it home some 100NM singlehand. The boat has a history of hull-to-deck joint leaks so I filled inside with bondoglass and fiberglassed from the inside. good solid boat and I plan to retire and live on it when the time comes. good luck.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook