SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Ontario 32 -C&C 35 Landfall, opinions?

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PBzeer 
#1 ·

We''ll be starting our search for "the next step" soon and preliminary ie internet research is leading me to examine Ontario 32 and C&C 35 Landfall models any feedback is appreciated. Looking for an overall baot, don''t race but enjoy good sailing qualities, must be under 5 ft draft and seaworthy. Thanx

#2 ·

M:

You may have already visited http://www.magma.ca/~mcsail/ont/ont28.htm, the home site for the O28 and O32. Another source of ongoing observatins about a O32 can be found at http://searoom.com/veleda/index.html. Aubrey & Judy Millard sailed their boat in the Caribbean, then crossed over to Europe and have been just about everywhere by now. Aubrey''s logs are thoughtfully written and he offers many observations about the boat, how they fitted it out, and what did/didn''t work. In particular, the painful Atlantic Crossing logs offer much food for thought (altho'' not about the basic nature of the boat, which seems to be doing quite well).

Jack

#3 ·

Miyagi:

I met the Millards at last year's Toronto Boat Show where they gave a presentation of their ongoing cruise. Although they mentioned that a somewhat larger boat would be preferable - in the 36 ft. range - they were very positive about the Ontario 32. The boat has served them very well and they expressed no regrets about buying it.

The boat is very well thought of locally and FWIW Ontario Yachts is probably the only Canadian boat builder left over from the 1970's and '80's. They no longer build larger keelboats, concentrating now on dinghies and racing keelboats like the Etchells 22.

Good luck.
John

#4 ·
Ontario 32

We''ll be starting our search for "the next step" soon and preliminary ie internet research is leading me to examine Ontario 32 and C&C 35 Landfall models any feedback is appreciated. Looking for an overall baot, don''t race but enjoy good sailing qualities, must be under 5 ft draft and seaworthy. Thanx
~~~~(\_~~~~

Grenada/ Sept. 29/08

Hi Miyagi,

I was just googling my name and came across your old enquiry about the Ontario 32 and C7C Landfall. We are still cruising with Veleda IV our 1978 Ontario 32, with over 40,000 miles since leaving Toronto in 1998. Last year we built a hard Bimini and are in the process of putting up two solar panels. We still have the Dinghy Tow for our new (used ) Carib rib.

All the best,

Aubrey Millard

~~~~(\_~~~~

#5 ·
Are you the folks that were featured in Good Old Boat? If so, I have to say thanks for some good ideas that I've used on my '84 Ontario 32.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.