Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004

miyagi is on a distinguished road
Ontario 32 -C&C 35 Landfall, opinions?

We''ll be starting our search for "the next step" soon and preliminary ie internet research is leading me to examine Ontario 32 and C&C 35 Landfall models any feedback is appreciated. Looking for an overall baot, don''t race but enjoy good sailing qualities, must be under 5 ft draft and seaworthy. Thanx
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2004

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road

M:

You may have already visited http://www.magma.ca/~mcsail/ont/ont28.htm, the home site for the O28 and O32. Another source of ongoing observatins about a O32 can be found at http://searoom.com/veleda/index.html. Aubrey & Judy Millard sailed their boat in the Caribbean, then crossed over to Europe and have been just about everywhere by now. Aubrey''s logs are thoughtfully written and he offers many observations about the boat, how they fitted it out, and what did/didn''t work. In particular, the painful Atlantic Crossing logs offer much food for thought (altho'' not about the basic nature of the boat, which seems to be doing quite well).

Jack
Old 11-13-2004

Johnrb is on a distinguished road

Miyagi:

I met the Millards at last year’s Toronto Boat Show where they gave a presentation of their ongoing cruise. Although they mentioned that a somewhat larger boat would be preferable – in the 36 ft. range – they were very positive about the Ontario 32. The boat has served them very well and they expressed no regrets about buying it.

The boat is very well thought of locally and FWIW Ontario Yachts is probably the only Canadian boat builder left over from the 1970’s and ‘80’s. They no longer build larger keelboats, concentrating now on dinghies and racing keelboats like the Etchells 22.

Good luck.
John
Old 09-28-2008

svveledaiv is on a distinguished road
Smile Ontario 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyagi View Post
We''ll be starting our search for "the next step" soon and preliminary ie internet research is leading me to examine Ontario 32 and C&C 35 Landfall models any feedback is appreciated. Looking for an overall baot, don''t race but enjoy good sailing qualities, must be under 5 ft draft and seaworthy. Thanx
~~~~(\_~~~~

Grenada/ Sept. 29/08

Hi Miyagi,

I was just googling my name and came across your old enquiry about the Ontario 32 and C7C Landfall. We are still cruising with Veleda IV our 1978 Ontario 32, with over 40,000 miles since leaving Toronto in 1998. Last year we built a hard Bimini and are in the process of putting up two solar panels. We still have the Dinghy Tow for our new (used ) Carib rib.

All the best,

Aubrey Millard

~~~~(\_~~~~
Old 09-28-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Are you the folks that were featured in Good Old Boat? If so, I have to say thanks for some good ideas that I've used on my '84 Ontario 32.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.