C&C 115 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-16-2004 Thread Starter

C&C 115

C&C just came out with a new very nice looking boat. It is the 115. I currently own a Dehler 34 but am looking to go to a bigger boat. I love the Dehler and would love to go to a bigger one but they have become extremely expensive. I would like to hear some pros and cons regarding later model C&C''s, i.e., quality of construction, how do they feel under your feet, quick in the water, etc. I will be using the boat mostly for racing along with a little cruising. Thanks
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-16-2004

C&C 115

Turbo, don''t overlook searching the Archives for C&C info, altho'' comments about them have surfaced in a number of threads not titled ''C&C''. Perhaps Jeff can tackle your question; he is both a fan and a ''student'' of the C&C product line.

Jack
post #3 of 6 Old 12-16-2004

C&C 115

I know of a few C&C owners in Maryland and New Jersey that have had some problems with there new boats. (40 and I think 32) Little things like leaks, missing parts, & sloppy workmanship. Enough for one owner to to have a line line of thinking "If I had to do it all over again."

The boats I are beautiful in my opinion, but all I have to do is look at it''s very nice lines in the marina and have chat dockside with the owner. I have just recently become a power boat guy and traded in my 42'' sailboat. I used to race C&C in the 70''s and 80''s and have a lot of respect for the original manufacturer.

All things considered, The 115 is brand new. I think it will be a winner. All the best with your decision.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-20-2004
1997 Dehler 33

C&C 115

Turbo 87, I am in the market for a boat, and as you are an owner of a Dehler 34, I would be interested in learning your comments about the boat. Please contact me offline (max-on@cox.net) if you care to discuss the 34. I have also looked at the C&C 115, and it looks like it shall be a great boat.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-20-2004

C&C 115

Ah, those Dehlers are beautiful boats aren''t they?

I ordered a 115 this Fall, having been a fan of their new boats for a few years. I spent a long time talking with one of their engineers, and got to go over a 110 with him and ask about every little detail on the boat. I''m impressed with their build quality - they have a keen interest in making the boat as stiff, strong, and light as possible. They make good use of advanced materials like epoxy hulls, carbon fiber masts and resin-infused decks. Fit and finish looked excellent, and I saw quality hardware everywhere I looked. Racing is hard on boats, and they appear to build a boat well-suited for it. I spent a lot of time sitting on a J109 also, and it just didn''t have the quality interior that the C&C had - it felt a little stripped down. The Dehler 36 was simply amazing - if I could get the Dehler layout with the C&C interior I would.

I haven''t sailed on one of the new C&Cs yet, but I''ve heard that they are fast and fun, especially the C&C 99, which is sort of a mini version of the 115. I hope to go sailing soon on a 99 here in the PNW and will let you know what I think. I''ll also be visiting the factory to inspect hull #1 or #2 in January or February.

Of course, nothing is perfect - I heard a few QC problem stories, the worst was a tank that wasn''t attached properly and came loose on the test sail. Others were nits and picks. Get a good dealer, and go over the boat carefully during commissioning. Hold some money back if you really want some leverage. The C&C engineer I spoke with seemed very interested in resolving any quality issues.

The 115 isn''t the perfect design for me, but it''s awfully close. I prefer perforated aluminum toe rails, or the cool molded toe rails of the new Dehlers, and I suspect the 60-inch wheel is going to be interesting to maneuver around in rough weather. I''m also a little nervous that the settee''s may be a bit on the short side for sea berths.

C&C/Fairport must be doing something right - they have double-digit annual growth, and they are moving to a larger facility next year.

I''ll report back more after my visit.

Dave Stuve
post #6 of 6 Old 12-21-2004

C&C 115

I too am very interested in the Dehler''s...please keep us updated on your findings.

Thanks,
bobbi

s/v Kokopelli

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.