SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Charter ops..

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mystapproach 
#1 ·
I have one for all of you experienced people here but it is rather complex. I want a boat I can use as a charter boat in the USVI for 1-3 day tours THEN in few years use the same boat for a circumnavigation. There will be a crew of 2 on the whole time and very little 24 hour (Night ops) during charter operations. I would also like to keep the initial purchase down to 100k or so. Any ideas on what else I should be thinking about?
thanks

#4 ·
charter boat needs to be roomy. lots of private cabins. lots of private bathrooms , lots of this and that .... all not necessary for circumnavigation . there you need different sort of things ....

crewed charter probably best is a cat 40 foot and bigger .....
and not available for 100 k .... You might want to put a little extra effort in finding out what the charter income might be. considering that I can charter a bareboat cat 37 foot for 15 days in the bvis for 3000 bucks( low season summer).... and thats a 200 000 dlr boat ...

Now there are some luxury crewed charters around, which fetch up to 10000 grand a week .... ( with a 500 000 dlr boat )

Anyhow ... do you have all the permits to charter ( 6 pack )

Thor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.