SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Average price for sailboat survey

12K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  tempest 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me the average price per foot a survey costs in the USA. I got 3 quotes for a boat I bought in Maine and they charge 18 ft. Our survey prices in Canada are 1/2 this price. I''m wondering why such a big difference.
Thanks.

#4 ·
I just had this 1986 Pearson 303 surveyed in Maine. The surveyor found excessive moisture in the deck core as well as delamination. The estimate cost of repair is, 7-9 thousand dollars. Needless to say the deal fell through. The survey cost $605.50, money well spent!

#6 ·
Rough estimate

$5/ft in the slings, $10/ft if you put it on the hard. So for 30 ft boat, haul boat and leave in slings for 1/2 h for inspection, then put back in water, $150. Longer than that or actually pull, put on land then relaunch, $300. Doesn't include land storage fees if you put in on the hard.

DrB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.