Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC, USA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
30-32 ft Boat Ideas?
Looking to update from Catalina 25 on account we don't fit in it with one kid and another one on the way (no claims as to whether C25 is big enough; we
don't fit in it). Sailing out of Oriental in the Neuse River/Pamlico. Mostly day-sailing and dock-to-dock cruises. Will probably start anchoring out in a while.
We are trying to be pragmatic since our needs are kinda simple, just looking at what is available (Catalina 30, Pearson 303, O'Day 31, Endeveaour 33, Irwin 35) in the area. I cannot see that it is worth trucking a boat when we have so few specific requirements.
Here is what we do
- Traveler on cabintop (to get the mainsheet out of the cockpit with a toddler and a baby AND to be able to have dodger/bimini on account of me being really pale)
- More that a Quarterberth behind the nav station. This one seems impossible at this size range (so I am talking the admiral out of having an aft cabin with a door) but at least a double would be nice.
- Decent galley (must cook!)
- Roomy cockpit (hopefully we'll never get swamped, lounging is a higher priority)
- Not tender, can be slow, will never race, comfort higher priority, U get the picture
Any thoughts are welcome. In the end we'll probably pick the cleanest boat available regardless of brand or configuration; but I'd like to go in educated.