Sample Sales contract needed - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2006 Thread Starter
Sample Sales contract needed

I'm circling around the purchase of a 25' keelboat and I want to make an offer contingent on a survey, and my own sense of fear in making such a leap up from my Flying Scot days.

I could lumber through the language and come up with wording that would capture what I want to say but there must be some existing sample offers to purchase that wouldn't make the lawyers laugh.

Can anybody help?
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 05-15-2006
Señor Member
Our yacht broker used the standard YBAA Purchase & Sales Agreement form with the purchase of my last boat. I'd post a blank copy of it here, but it's copyrighted and for use only by members of YBAA.

Essentially, there are four sections to the agreement:
1. Price & Deposit
2. Survey
3. Acceptance of the Yacht
4.Termination of Agreement

The language of each section is simple, but concise and provides legal protection for the buyer, with contingencies for bailing out during the pre-closing negotiations. If you can find a copy, modify it to your situation - without directly transcribing the language.

True Blue . . .
sold the Nauticat
post #3 of 4 Old 05-15-2006
Wandering Aimlessly
Here's a link from a previous thread t
and you can also find similar threads by using the search tab and purchase agreement as the subject

Ontario 32 - Aria

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-15-2006
If you email me I can send you a sample of the contract that I used in a private deal.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.