SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sample Sales contract needed

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeff_H 
#1 ·
I'm circling around the purchase of a 25' keelboat and I want to make an offer contingent on a survey, and my own sense of fear in making such a leap up from my Flying Scot days.

I could lumber through the language and come up with wording that would capture what I want to say but there must be some existing sample offers to purchase that wouldn't make the lawyers laugh.

Can anybody help?

#2 ·
Our yacht broker used the standard YBAA Purchase & Sales Agreement form with the purchase of my last boat. I'd post a blank copy of it here, but it's copyrighted and for use only by members of YBAA.

Essentially, there are four sections to the agreement:
1. Price & Deposit
2. Survey
3. Acceptance of the Yacht
4.Termination of Agreement

The language of each section is simple, but concise and provides legal protection for the buyer, with contingencies for bailing out during the pre-closing negotiations. If you can find a copy, modify it to your situation - without directly transcribing the language.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.