I got a new boat - a 1984 Hunter 31 - at the end of April and launched it today. It was badly neglected after swinging on a mooring for several years but it came with lots of good stuff - newish sails, Harken furling, lazyjacks, custom davits and a RIB (that also needs work but holds air), new Raymarine wheel pilot, newish upholstery etc.
Since it was delivered I've been working every day to restore the bottom, the iron keel and getting the topsides polished.
Pics show it as delivered, finished to the Interprotect stage and the gloss I got back on the topside gelcoat. When I had the iron keel faired to "that's good enough" I checked it with a batten and was so surprised by the fairness that I took a feeler gauge and batten to it and found it was accurate to 0.030 MM over a 30" span - good enough indeed! The last pics show the keel I started with and what I ended up with.
I was amazed at how slippery the boat was after all that work. Today when we took it to its berth it idled at marina speed and I had to be ready to hit reverse at all times. We should be able to sail by blowing on the sails.
The deck & interior haven't been touched and are unfit for viewing.
The deck & cabin are both filthy but the only big job needed is replacing the cabin sole as it's rotting away.
This all took about 250 hours, working nearly every day and I am BEAT. For the next few days I'm not doing anything that can't be done from a chair or lying down.