SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Sunsail Owner''s Group (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/2232-sunsail-owners-group.html)

hervel 09-19-2001 04:40 AM

Sunsail Owner''''s Group

The moorings have an owner group does anybody know if Sunsail owners have any representation ???
Thanks

Herve

pedalboat 01-23-2002 06:00 AM

Sunsail Owner''''s Group

Any luck with this question?

jimbjamn 02-02-2010 02:49 PM

sunsail owner association

asteria 03-03-2010 06:37 AM

Sunsail Yacht Owners Group Enquiry

There is an owners group for owners of Sunsail boats (sunsailowners.com). Recently under new arrangements and although working OK and contact with Committee and Forums (if a member) is perfectly OK there are improving updates in progress for the website. We welcome all Sunsail Owners. We exist solely for the mutual benefit of Sunsail Owners and welcome all useful opinions and comments.

asteria 03-03-2010 06:49 AM

The contact for the sunsail owners group is sunsailowners.com. You will find telephone and email numbers to obtain further information.We exist solely to improve the enjoyment of your investment and provide experienced guidance of the end of charter experience. It matters very much financially how you handle the end of charter and also how well your yacht is cared for during its charter period.

jimbjamn 03-03-2010 10:50 AM

Please Do Tell More

asteria,

As a very new owner (one month ago), I am interested in this discussion as to "how you handle the end of charter and also how well your yacht is cared for during its charter period". I guess I'm not aware about the impact I can/may have on this matter. BTW, I also became a member of sunsailowners.com. The fee for 4.5 years was very reasonable. However, I don't see any discussion/advice on that site either that answers your intriguing assertion.

Jim ("Anatolya", BVI)

Minnewaska 03-05-2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbjamn (Post 576353)
asteria,

As a very new owner (one month ago), I am interested in this discussion as to "how you handle the end of charter and also how well your yacht is cared for during its charter period". I guess I'm not aware about the impact I can/may have on this matter. BTW, I also became a member of sunsailowners.com. The fee for 4.5 years was very reasonable. However, I don't see any discussion/advice on that site either that answers your intriguing assertion.

Jim ("Anatolya", BVI)

I offer a perspective from having chartered bareboats down there and been curious who would want to own these boats with broken tables, and so much inoperative stuff. The answers I get from the Captains and tenders that are roaming around the docks is that stuff is fixed before the owners arrive.

My take away would be to try to arrive often.

Zanshin 03-05-2010 04:43 AM

I recently toured a SunSail boat going out of charter and was surprised at how much renovation was going on, the boat was basically being ripped apart in order to be rebuilt. I bought an ex-Sunsail Jeanneau and had a 2 page list of things that needed to be addressed - and Sunsail did almost all of it, balking at replacing some things which they considered "fair wear and tear". The boat that I purchased hadn't gone through the normal phase-out.
It is a matter between owner and Sunsail to discuss which things need to be fixed and what belongs in that vague contractual category called "normal wear and tear" and this is a case where hiring an experienced surveyor is a good idea.

passerelle 01-19-2011 07:30 AM

Yacht 'hand back' Survey - Sunsail owners group

It seems a case of if your don’t ask you don’t get.

One should expect a certain amount of refit work given the amount of use these boats get and often with charter skippers with little experience. A qualified surveyor who can carry out a comprehensive inspection on behalf of the owner will highlight issues that are perhaps not so obvious to you when accepting the yacht back. His thorough detailed report with recommendations is money well spent and is easily recovered by having the charter management company take care of the recommended repairs rather than you having to pay for them further down the line!

Depending on where the charter base is you may have the extra costs of flying in a Surveyor…. Might be worth asking other members of the owners group who are coming up to the end of their contract to club together and share the travel expenses.

Phil Duffy (Interface Marine Surveyors) is a well known surveyor on the French Riviera and actually worked with the Moorings fleet as crew, he will travel anywhere throughout the med or world wide. His website has a best price promise in these economically challenged times… worth giving him a call +33 4 89 80 22 99 very approachable and happy to give advice on the phone

speciald 01-19-2011 08:42 AM

Sunsail is now TUI. All the dinghies, workmen now are labeled TUI not Sunsail here in Sint Maarten. The boats are still labeled Moorings or Sunsail which I guess may change as the boats are rotaed in and ot of service.