SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Has anyone heard of this brand Salona? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/22719-has-anyone-heard-brand-salona.html)

fairweather 09-06-2006 08:35 AM

Has anyone heard of this brand Salona?

I am in the process of deciding on a performance crusing sailboat. I know that I want it to be around 45 ft. I've looked at all the main brands (Bent., Jean., Bavar...). I have seen reviews of the Salona 45 in recent issues of Crusing World and Sailing World. The reviews look good.

Has anyone seen a Salona? What's the word on the street about this line? (www.salonayachts.com)

sailingdog 09-06-2006 09:22 AM

Yes, I've heard of them...but never have seen one or sailed on one. Don't know anyone who owns one either...

ribsweden 09-06-2006 11:20 AM

Go for a testsailing. You will love the Salona 45. She is a very good sailor, and the plans/interior is very well planned. I have plans for one with interior layot B, look at the homepage. The salona looks much better than all beneteau and jeanneau sailingboats. And your Hunteryachts.

Mail or send a message to Fastsailor on this forum, i just got an offer from him at a demo boat for sale. Good luck.

regards

joakim hansson

camaraderie 09-06-2006 02:03 PM

Could this be spam...1st post & new boat brand?
Looks interesting but the draft would be a significant drawback for a lot of East Coast venues. Mast height is not specified but it looks like it will be "close" to 65' based on the 56' "I" measurement. Fully cored hull is either a plus or a minus depending on your point of view. Seems to fit a niche geared to go fast sailors between the Bene/Jeanneau crowd and the Tartan/Sabre price points.

sailingdog 09-06-2006 02:24 PM

Could be spam, but I chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. I've heard some nice things about the Salonas...but not what I'd be looking for in a boat, were I looking for a bigger boat. :D

PBzeer 09-06-2006 02:48 PM

Not sure, but I think I recall seeing Bob Perry say something good about them in the review section of Sailing. Don't quote me on that though. Just remember reading something positive about them.

SailorMitch 09-06-2006 03:50 PM

The reviews in the glossy mags always make the boats look good. They want to keep the advertisers happy.

fairweather 09-07-2006 12:28 AM

Thanks guys for the info. I am just trying to get my ducks lined up for boatshow season.

dpST 09-26-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairweather (Post 79792)
I am in the process of deciding on a performance crusing sailboat. I know that I want it to be around 45 ft. I've looked at all the main brands (Bent., Jean., Bavar...). I have seen reviews of the Salona 45 in recent issues of Crusing World and Sailing World. The reviews look good.

Has anyone seen a Salona? What's the word on the street about this line?

I heard plenty compliments for Salona boats (especially for 37) from skipers and experienced sailors, but I'm in doubt about quality because I visit ad plastik (ad boats are part of ad plastik) few times and evidence poorly work (beer in one hand, drilling machine in other).

ps. I know that thread is dead for long time, but its not closed so I write my opinion here. :)

sailingdog 09-26-2007 07:32 PM

dpST-

Sailnet rarely closes threads... so please don't revive dead ones just because they're not closed.