Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006

fairweather is on a distinguished road
Has anyone heard of this brand Salona?

I am in the process of deciding on a performance crusing sailboat. I know that I want it to be around 45 ft. I've looked at all the main brands (Bent., Jean., Bavar...). I have seen reviews of the Salona 45 in recent issues of Crusing World and Sailing World. The reviews look good.

Has anyone seen a Salona? What's the word on the street about this line? (www.salonayachts.com)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Yes, I've heard of them...but never have seen one or sailed on one. Don't know anyone who owns one either...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-06-2006

ribsweden is on a distinguished road
Go for a testsailing. You will love the Salona 45. She is a very good sailor, and the plans/interior is very well planned. I have plans for one with interior layot B, look at the homepage. The salona looks much better than all beneteau and jeanneau sailingboats. And your Hunteryachts.

Mail or send a message to Fastsailor on this forum, i just got an offer from him at a demo boat for sale. Good luck.

regards

joakim hansson
Old 09-06-2006
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Could this be spam...1st post & new boat brand?
Looks interesting but the draft would be a significant drawback for a lot of East Coast venues. Mast height is not specified but it looks like it will be "close" to 65' based on the 56' "I" measurement. Fully cored hull is either a plus or a minus depending on your point of view. Seems to fit a niche geared to go fast sailors between the Bene/Jeanneau crowd and the Tartan/Sabre price points.
Old 09-06-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Could be spam, but I chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. I've heard some nice things about the Salonas...but not what I'd be looking for in a boat, were I looking for a bigger boat.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 09-06-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Not sure, but I think I recall seeing Bob Perry say something good about them in the review section of Sailing. Don't quote me on that though. Just remember reading something positive about them.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 09-06-2006
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
The reviews in the glossy mags always make the boats look good. They want to keep the advertisers happy.
Old 09-07-2006

fairweather is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys for the info. I am just trying to get my ducks lined up for boatshow season.
Old 09-26-2007

dpST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweather View Post
I am in the process of deciding on a performance crusing sailboat. I know that I want it to be around 45 ft. I've looked at all the main brands (Bent., Jean., Bavar...). I have seen reviews of the Salona 45 in recent issues of Crusing World and Sailing World. The reviews look good.

Has anyone seen a Salona? What's the word on the street about this line?
I heard plenty compliments for Salona boats (especially for 37) from skipers and experienced sailors, but I'm in doubt about quality because I visit ad plastik (ad boats are part of ad plastik) few times and evidence poorly work (beer in one hand, drilling machine in other).

ps. I know that thread is dead for long time, but its not closed so I write my opinion here.
Old 09-26-2007
Telstar 28

dpST-

Sailnet rarely closes threads... so please don't revive dead ones just because they're not closed.

Telstar 28
New England