Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2001

grinch is on a distinguished road
36 Lancer

Is anybody familiar with a 36 Lancer? Asking price is 30K. I am looking for my first sailboat, any info would be appreciated. Are there any decent 34-36 ft sailboats in the 30k price range?

My wife and I would be mostly weekend sailing in southern CA(Channel Islands), with occasional trips to San Diego or Baja CA.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2001

aasault is on a distinguished road
36 Lancer

Hey Grinch,

I briefly looked at a Lancer 36 in Ventura and the 36 in San Diego (both yachtworld listings). I assume we''re talking about the same one in Ventura. Just from my brief 10 minute walk-thru of both boats, the Ventura boat was in far superior cosmetic condition.
The San Diego Lancer 36 looked pretty bad, so save yourself a trip to SD, unless you need a challenge.

I am relatively new to sailboats and certainly don''t have the technical expertise (not yet anyway) to help you with quality/design/performance issues. I asked a few a questions and got mixed reviews (as usual). The cabin layout is certainly unique, and one person said that would be a detriment to marketability. I liked the cabin layout (maybe because it WAS different!). And the boat is certainly not slow at 126 PHRF. I looked at 20-25 SoCal boats in your price range, and the Ventura Lancer 36 was definitely on my short list of about 5 boats, simply because of its condition. Had I made it a priority, I would have really dug into its lineage.

Good Luck
Art

P.S.- I bought the Dehler 35 in Channel Islands Harbor 2 weeks ago. Survey Tomorrow!!
Old 09-30-2001

grinch is on a distinguished road
36 Lancer

Art,

Thanks for all the info! It was the one in Ventura I was asking about, however, I have not had time to go see it yet. I will be looking at it in the next few days. It does have a different layout.

I believe I have seen your boat and it looks great!

If you are planning on keeping your new boat in Channel Islands Harbor then I will see you there.

Thanks again and Good luck with your survey

Jeff

Old 12-20-2001

Rogerdul is on a distinguished road
36 Lancer

I have a 28 ft Lancer and a 36 ft Lancer lots of manuals spcs and history. Interested in anyone else that has or is interested in either boat. contadt via E-mail wrogerdul@aolicom.
Old 02-14-2013

Kokani is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: 36 Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerdul View Post
I have a 28 ft Lancer and a 36 ft Lancer lots of manuals spcs and history. Interested in anyone else that has or is interested in either boat. contadt via E-mail wrogerdul@aolicom.
Hi

I just got a lancer 37 or 36. And have not found much información Its a 79 model and seems ok but read about the mast support requier s maintanence, as Well as other áreas like rudder , thanks, etc
Any info Will be very helpful.

Regards

Last edited by Kokani; 02-14-2013 at 12:45 AM.